Is there anything I can do about the crack between the beds?

Avril

When I was on the Conquest in February with my fiancee, I kept rolling over and lying on the crack down the middle of the bed where the 2 twin beds had been pushed together. I woke up every morning with a sore spot from it. :( Is there anything I can do (or my cabin steward can do) to prevent this? Fiancee and I are sailing again in October on the Valor and I don't want the same thing to happen!!

I've never had a problem feeling the "crack" in the bed. Haven't been on Valor but the beds are pretty much the same. NCL & Spirit beds were as comfortable as my temperpedic at home. I would say something was wrong with the last bed you had. Did you complain about it to steward or purser to see anything could be done?

Not sure of your location but Sam's Club up here in New England, sells padded mattress pads (queen sized) for $25. If you bring this and a queen sized sheet, you can cover both beds and remove the crack in the middle

Perhaps they forgot to put on the bed joining top mattress? It's a relatively thick cover that acts as a top mattress, but more importantly keeps the 2 beds together and stops you from feeling the crack between the two beds.

My wife would have a simplier answer: stay on your own side of the bed. :D

I've never had a problem feeling the "crack" in the bed. Haven't been on Valor but the beds are pretty much the same. NCL & Spirit beds were as comfortable as my temperpedic at home. I would say something was wrong with the last bed you had. Did you complain about it to steward or purser to see anything could be done?

No, I never thought of that. :o Maybe I'll ask my cabin steward if it happenes this time. I doubt there was something wrong with the bed. It was one of the new Carnival Comfort Beds. Everythng about it was confortable except for that crack!! :( Thanks!! :D

Not sure of your location but Sam's Club up here in New England, sells padded mattress pads (queen sized) for $25. If you bring this and a queen sized sheet, you can cover both beds and remove the crack in the middle

That just means extra stuff to pack and I don't think I have room for more stuff. :( Also, I live in Canada (near Toronto) so I'm not sure if we have that store.

Perhaps they forgot to put on the bed joining top mattress? It's a relatively thick cover that acts as a top mattress, but more importantly keeps the 2 beds together and stops you from feeling the crack between the two beds.

My wife would have a simplier answer: stay on your own side of the bed. :D

That must have been the problem. Can I just ask my cabin steward for the top mattress?

I think I like your wife!! :D

Let your girlfriend sleep on top of you my dear, of course!

I am the girlfriend!! :D And I sure as he** don't want my boyfriend (well, fiancee now) sleeping on top of me. I'd be squished by the morning!! :eek:

Why would anyone spend $25.00 to purchase something that their Steward can take care of, much less the extra weight/room it would take in the suitcase? BTW, when the twin beds are put together they become a King, not a queen.

We had the bed crack problem too. I thought maybe we did something to it being it was our honeymoon and all.... ;) but maybe not now. When I did my review, it seemed from the replies it wasn't a problem for anyone else. I feel a bit less weird now! lol :D

We had the bed crack problem too. I thought maybe we did something to it being it was our honeymoon and all.... ;) but maybe not now. When I did my review, it seemed from the replies it wasn't a problem for anyone else. I feel a bit less weird now! lol :D

Just came back from our Fourth cruise, and I have had a problem with the "bed crack" every time. Hubby and I are snugglers and it is hard to sleep on my side of the bed as some people would tell you to do. Its cold and lonely over there!!:) This time of the Liberty my bed also had a big dip in the middle. Not very comfy at all. I have never seen any type of cover for the "bed crack", the bed have always just been pushed together and then mad up as one bed. I know there was no cover on my bed on the Liberty because I spilled a water bottle on my bed and had to help the room Steward strip it down and remake it. (I helped because I felt so bad for being a klutz) If there is some kind of pad you can ask for and have put on, I would love to know about it for our next cruise.

Just came back from our Fourth cruise, and I have had a problem with the "bed crack" every time. Hubby and I are snugglers and it is hard to sleep on my side of the bed as some people would tell you to do. Its cold and lonely over there!!:) This time of the Liberty my bed also had a big dip in the middle. Not very comfy at all. I have never seen any type of cover for the "bed crack", the bed have always just been pushed together and then mad up as one bed. I know there was no cover on my bed on the Liberty because I spilled a water bottle on my bed and had to help the room Steward strip it down and remake it. (I helped because I felt so bad for being a klutz) If there is some kind of pad you can ask for and have put on, I would love to know about it for our next cruise.

:cool: :cool: We slept sideways, that crack is nice for the butt and the hips. We just had our steward put the top bedding on sideways, ifI remember correctly - the bed was as wide as it was long. My husband and I (27 years and counting) snuggle so tightly that we could sleep on a single bed. Good luck. Cindy:cool:

:cool: :cool: We slept sideways, that crack is nice for the butt and the hips. We just had our steward put the top bedding on sideways, ifI remember correctly - the bed was as wide as it was long. My husband and I (27 years and counting) snuggle so tightly that we could sleep on a single bed. Good luck. Cindy:cool:

The crack makes my hips and sides really sore!! :( Chris (my fiancee) and I start out snuggling pretty tight but we roll around a lot in our sleep and in the morning, are nowhere near each other so no single bed for us!! :D

Ha - I thought I was the only one with this problem! I don't think it's the anything the stewards didn't do - three different ships and we've had this problem on all three. We sleep "spooned" and I always wake up with a couple inches between the beds and my elbow stuck down in the crack. Of course I also think the Comfort Beds are not all that comfy so maybe I'm just weird.;)

When I was on the Conquest in February with my fiancee, I kept rolling over and lying on the crack down the middle of the bed where the 2 twin beds had been pushed together. I woke up every morning with a sore spot from it. :( Is there anything I can do (or my cabin steward can do) to prevent this? Fiancee and I are sailing again in October on the Valor and I don't want the same thing to happen!!

We had the same problem, I am glad to know we are not the only ones. I actually bought a king size fitted sheet to pack to hold the mattresses together(should not take too much space and can be used to pad "certian" breakables:D ). I will ask the steward to put a pad on it when we get on the ship though and see if we have any luck.

Yes, let your room steward know. He'll put a topper on the bed for you.

Archived