Fridges on explorer balconies?

Has anyone call Royal Caribbean before your cruise and ask them to empty the fridge before you come on board?

I haven't, but I really wouldn't find that an advance call to empty the fridge would be needed. On both our RCI cruises, our mini bar was emptied immediately upon request...

teddie

Has anyone call Royal Caribbean before your cruise and ask them to empty the fridge before you come on board?
Your cabin attendant will empty the mini-bar if you ask.

Why do you all need somebody to empty the mini-bar for you???

Is it that hard to take off a few cans of Soda, a couple of water bottles and some candy by yourself ???

I always walk into my cabin open the fridge empty it. It´s just that easy!!!

Because you don't want to be charged for it. If your cabin attendant sees things missing, he or she will charge you for the missing items, and replace them with new ones.

If you ask your cabin attendant to empty it, you won't be charged, and it won't be refilled with more stuff for you to "buy."

Because you don't want to be charged for it. If your cabin attendant sees things missing, he or she will charge you for the missing items, and replace them with new ones.

If you ask your cabin attendant to empty it, you won't be charged, and it won't be refilled with more stuff for you to "buy."

I´ve never been charged for anything on any if my cruises and I always did it myself.

We simply took the stuff out of the alleged "fridge" (does not keep items cold at all), and gave it to the cabin steward when he came in to intro himself. We also told him of our request to keep our collapsible cooler full of ice - which he had no problem doing.

That collapsible cooler was one of the best items we ever took along - kept anything and everything cold (additional drinks, snacks, etc) - not too mention never running short of ice; the ice "bucket" is very small.

We're low carb lifers & it was great to have some of our foods fresh and on hand.

Not to mention how handy it was during the extended power outages we went thru when returning to our home here in Florida. :o

We took the stuff out of the refridgerator ourselves and put it on the top shelf of the cabinets above the refridgerator. I do, however, inform the room steward that I'm doing this so he/she won't think we've consumed the contents. :) Before we disembark I just put the stuff back in the refriderator. Never had a problem.

Is it that hard to take off a few cans of Soda, a couple of water bottles and some candy by yourself ???

I always walk into my cabin open the fridge empty it. It´s just that easy!!!

So you won't be charged for it. And it takes up space that I need. Even easier for them to move it out of my way.

Archived