QM2 Q6 baths - large enough for two?

tightlyinterfaced

I can't seem to find anything on point with the search function. Are the jetted tubs in the entry-level QG staterooms large enough for two typical adults to relax in without sitting ON each other?

Thanks much . . . .

No, but I am sure a lot of fun can be had...:D

I can't seem to find anything on point with the search function. Are the jetted tubs in the entry-level QG staterooms large enough for two typical adults to relax in without sitting ON each other?

Thanks much . . . .

Depends on how you sit and what your definition of comfortable is and how large each of you are. Two typical adults (I assume male and female) with him sitting in the end and her sitting sort of in his lap could sit very comfortably and more importantly will have one hell of a great time....

Go for it and tell us the details of your encounter....

Two typical adults (I assume male and female) with him sitting in the end and her sitting sort of in his lap could sit very comfortably and more importantly will have one hell of a great time....

Hmmm, sounds like the voice of experience. ;)

Go for it and tell us the details of your encounter....

:eek: I don't know about this - if our kids find this board and stumble upon that, it could scar them for life. :o

Thanks much, Bob!

Tom

Don't mean to be a fly in the ointment, guys, but on yesterday's Today Show, a doctor warned of those types of jets, saying it is of utmost importance to check on the cleanliness of those jets. It seems that the jets should be thoroughly cleaned and treated with anti-bacterial treatment after each use (particularly in that type of setting where other people have used it). There and fungal as well as staff infections that can easily be transmitted. Just thought you'd like to know. Have a nice day.:)

It would be prudent to ask your room steward(ess) for a cup of bleach - then you can fill the tub with warm water, pur in the bleach & run the jets for 5 minutes or so. Drain & rinse! Now you'll KNOW it's been done.

It would be prudent to ask your room steward(ess) for a cup of bleach - then you can fill the tub with warm water, pur in the bleach & run the jets for 5 minutes or so. Drain & rinse! Now you'll KNOW it's been done.

Yeah, and given the "fun" contemplated above, please do so at the END of the cruise too!:D

Actually, it's likely better to run bleach at room temperature water. The disinfectant properties of chlorine start to degrade at warmer temperatures. That's why hot tubs, which generally remain warm for extended periods, are more prone to certain bacterial growth.

Yeah, and given the "fun" contemplated above, please do so at the END of the cruise too!:D

No, no, no . . . THAT type of fun is best had elsewhere, IMNSHO. No need for courtesy flush. :rolleyes:

Don't mean to be a fly in the ointment, guys, but on yesterday's Today Show, a doctor warned of those types of jets, saying it is of utmost importance to check on the cleanliness of those jets.

Thanks for the concern, poodlesmom, but I've been hearing this warning for over 20 years and I've never heard of anyone catching things from a hotel bathtub, jetted or unjetted. It has always been the public hot tub that stays filled 24-7. I think there is more risk from a river, lake, ocean or even the uber-chlorinated public swimming pool than the tub in my stateroom.

I can't live my life in fear of what I might possibly catch. I don't wear gloves to open doors. I don't wash my utensils at a restaurant before I stick them in my mouth (although I send them back if they have chunks on them). I don't worry about whether the person chopping up my salad has hepititis or worse. These things happen far more often in my life, and have similar risks. C'est la vie . . . .

Tom

Actually, it's likely better to run bleach at room temperature water. The disinfectant properties of chlorine start to degrade at warmer temperatures. That's why hot tubs, which generally remain warm for extended periods, are more prone to certain bacterial growth.

Thanks for the concern, poodlesmom, but I've been hearing this warning for over 20 years and I've never heard of anyone catching things from a hotel bathtub, jetted or unjetted. It has always been the public hot tub that stays filled 24-7. I think there is more risk from a river, lake, ocean or even the uber-chlorinated public swimming pool than the tub in my stateroom.

I can't live my life in fear of what I might possibly catch. I don't wear gloves to open doors. I don't wash my utensils at a restaurant before I stick them in my mouth (although I send them back if they have chunks on them). I don't worry about whether the person chopping up my salad has hepatitis or worse. These things happen far more often in my life, and have similar risks. C'est la vie . . . .

Tom

I never have lived in fear either. I taught emotionally disturbed kids for years and have been spit at, pinched, scratched, bruised and bitten numerous times. The only thing I got was impetigo on my face from a student because he needed me to hold his hand while walking to the cafeteria. I guess I didn't wash my hands thoroughly enough. We were made to get our hepatitis shots, however.

I just saw the warning on the show and, unlike you, had never heard of or even thought about, the jets in a bathtub, so I just thought I would pass it on. That's all.

We have A Q6 suite and sail tomorrow. I'll lret you know when we get back.

Bill

Look forward to hearing your review, Bill. Are you going to provide the level of detail that bobnatt was looking for?

You mean you don't walk around with a personal bottle of Purell??? Living life on the edge, man!:D

That's me, PianoMan. I laugh in the face of danger . . . HAH, HAH, HAH!

I can see that; hence living in the Arctic state of Minn.!;)

Oh, don't give me TOO much credit. Kerri (my wife) and I can walk to work without ever going outside. Minneapolis has an enclosed walkway system (the Skyway - aka gerbil trail) that also allows us to get to theatre, symphony, movies, bars, restaurants and shopping (not in any particular order of importance or frequency) without ever stepping outside if we don't want to. The only thing it lacks is a real grocery store, so we have to drive (ugh!) about once a month just to get groceries. The only saving grace to that trip is that there's a decent wine shop attached - we usually come home with some extra refreshments.

Thanks much . . . .

Just got back yesterday from the Queen Mary2. We had a Q6 9013 and the tub is not really big enough. Sorry.

• 1 month later...
I say don't give up just yet! We all come in many shapes and sizes and one man's teacup is another's soup pot! You try it out and let us know.

I'm not going to say that there was plenty of room for two, but it certainly was relaxing and enjoyable for us. :D

I say don't give up just yet! We all come in many shapes and sizes and one man's teacup is another's soup pot! You try it out and let us know.

And that's the best line I've read on here in a very long time!!!:D

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

August 7, 2009....the “Affair” goes on...this time “home” to Norway

Archived