Price increase for Bar Setup?

flacity49

I think it goes beyond the fact that the bar set up prices have been increased by as much as they have. I personally notice that they are charging a little more here and there for a lot of things- and for us, it adds up.

Salsa now charging a fee, bar set up prices increasing, charges for using the spa pool, etc. I mean, I will still pay the $80 for my bottles in room, but I wont pay much more than that by choice.

I dont even cruise for another 9 months or so, so if the prices keeps doubling, I'm not sure what I will do!

I understand the freestyle concept- that you dont have to pay for anything you dont want to, etc etc...but when does it end? It does start to feel like you are being nickel and dimed for everything.

Im not trashing NCL, or anyone who likes this concept. I just have to start saving now, so that I can enjoy all the things I want to. Crusing will most likely cost me a lot more than I expected.

Hopefully cruising is everything everyone say's it is! Because all inclusive resorts are starting to look better to me with every price increase. :(

I still think cruising is a good value despite the prices going up on everything.:eek: For us, leaving in June instead of August, going from a local port, and going with our CC Group makes our next trip very very reasonable!!:D :cool:

I still think cruising is a good value despite the prices going up on everything.:eek: For us, leaving in June instead of August, going from a local port, and going with our CC Group makes our next trip very very reasonable!!:D :cool:

The only reason why it will cost me more, it because I have a tendency to take advantage of everything- different resturaunt's, the spa, etc. Basically, the free alcohol and variety of free resturaunts at an all inclusive is what saves me money.

It's not NCL's fault, I just like to do what i want to do on vacation...lol ;)

The only reason why it will cost me more, it because I have a tendency to take advantage of everything- different resturaunt's, the spa, etc. Basically, the free alcohol and variety of free resturaunts at an all inclusive is what saves me money.

It's not NCL's fault, I just like to do what i want to do on vacation...lol ;)

You're gonna luv your cruise and be addicted like the rest of us!:D

I have sent emails to all the difference addresses and keep getting a message basically saying they received my email. Did get the response from the Sun person but not from the majesty. The prices are very high and making me think seriously about RR that I have read about on these boards.

Please keep in mind that you run the risk of gettinig caught trying to smuggle the booze on-board in rum runners. If they confiscate it, then you'll end up paying bar prices for each drink. Is it worth the risk? That's entirely up to you.

Diane

P.S. All cruise lines are aware of rum runners and although some people have been successful, you just never know when your number will be up.

Even with the increase in Bar Set-Up prices, I'm still coming out way ahead. My first bar tab was several hundred dollars, my last bar tab was under 100 bucks and most of it was for the various booze clinics :D . I've taken my partial bottles home since I paid for them.

Please keep in mind that you run the risk of gettinig caught trying to smuggle the booze on-board in rum runners. If they confiscate it, then you'll end up paying bar prices for each drink. Is it worth the risk? That's entirely up to you.

Diane

P.S. All cruise lines are aware of rum runners and although some people have been successful, you just never know when your number will be up.

What risk ? Its not like they make you stand up at the pool stage and confess.:o If they see it they ask you to take it out of your bag . Oh yes , and you must do this in front of all the other "Smugglers".

Oh the shame .....

Diane , Im just kidding around;)

We were able to order bottles of wine for our June Gem cruise through the reservations dept. It was written up basically as a gift we sent ourselves and prepaid for. Just have your booking number ready when you call.

We were able to order bottles of wine for our June Gem cruise through the reservations dept. It was written up basically as a gift we sent ourselves and prepaid for. Just have your booking number ready when you call.

CLEVER!!! I'm going to remember that. :)

Thats correct , you need to go through Rez. and not the bar set-up people . They view wine as a seperate entity.

And there is always bottles of wine for sale on the ship.

What risk ? Its not like they make you stand up at the pool stage and confess.:o If they see it they ask you to take it out of your bag . Oh yes , and you must do this in front of all the other "Smugglers".

Oh the shame .....

Diane , Im just kidding around;)

LOL! I wonder if they would cut down on the smuggling if they instituted something like the pool stage confessing you mentioned? I doubt it, given the antics performed around the pool by various passengers,:eek: this would be tame. :D

Diane

i ordered two absolute vodka and one kahlua on 4/30/08. i was told the total bill to be charged to my card would be $138.00

Am I correct in understanding you, that each of those drinks cost you $46.00?

Are you serious?

Is there anyone at NCL that I can email to find out what their bar prices are?

Thats correct , you need to go through Rez. and not the bar set-up people . They view wine as a seperate entity.

And there is always bottles of wine for sale on the ship.

I heard that if you buy it on the ship, they hold it until the end of the cruise?

Is there anyone at NCL that I can email to find out what their bar prices are?

Bar prices will depend on what you are ordering -

Drink of the day is usually 7.95 including the "souvenier glass" or 6.95 without.

Mixed drink - runs anywhere from 5.95 on up depending on the "alcohol"

There is usually a margarita clinic, martini clinic, beer tasting etc. Samples for approx $15.00 pp and range from 4 tastings to 6 tastings

Beer - buy it by the helmet - buy 5 get one free - so 6 beer for the price of 5 (sorry can't remember what the price is)

Always wine available by the bottle or the glass - various ranges

The best deal IMO is the Anniversary Package - ordered from reservations for $79.00 - includes many great things including sparkling wine on embarkation, dinner for two at LeBistro including a bottle of house wine. etc... Great buy and well worth the $79.00

Does this send us back around to the topic of which is a better vacation deal; an all-inclusive or a cruise? It seems to me this increase in price will stop the average cruiser from ordering a bar set up that they might have been willing to splurge $50 for previously. 2 people in a room and a litre of alcohol seems like A LOT of "small drinks before dinner." Between drink prices and paying for better restaraunts (I know I don't HAVE to), I am afraid AI's will be the way for me in the future. I just cant wait to see Alaska by boat though!!

Archived