Montreal to Boston - Need help

Well folks, I spent a year on the Alaska board planning for my trip last May which was MOST EXCELLENT. Now I have exactly 3 months to plan this cruise. Will be sailing on HAL Maasdam and I need to start gathering the facts, so any assistance would be appreciated.

I have to break the golden rule and fly into Montreal the same day the cruise departs. If the airline Gods cooperate, my flight should arrive at 12:45pm. Cruise departs at 5:00pm. Now the questions:

- How far is it from the airport to the Pier?

- Approximate cab fare?

- Any idea how long it will take me to get through Canadian customs?

Now, my husband has agreed to go only if he can fish. Ports of call include Quebec City, Charlottetown, Sydney and Halifax. Does anyone know if charter fishing is available in any of these places?

Well folks, I spent a year on the Alaska board planning for my trip last May which was MOST EXCELLENT. Now I have exactly 3 months to plan this cruise. Will be sailing on HAL Maasdam and I need to start gathering the facts, so any assistance would be appreciated.

I have to break the golden rule and fly into Montreal the same day the cruise departs. If the airline Gods cooperate, my flight should arrive at 12:45pm. Cruise departs at 5:00pm. Now the questions:

- How far is it from the airport to the Pier?

- Approximate cab fare?

- Any idea how long it will take me to get through Canadian customs?

Now, my husband has agreed to go only if he can fish. Ports of call include Quebec City, Charlottetown, Sydney and Halifax. Does anyone know if charter fishing is available in any of these places?

It's about a 40 minute drive from the airport to the port, driving legally that is. The fare should be $34.75 at a fixed rate. It might be going up, but they haven't announced any change, yet. The rate will be posted on the inside window of the taxi because the port is in the fixed rate zone of downtown.

Canada customs always depends on the time of day. It usually takes me less time to get through customs than it seems to take for the luggage from the plane to be unloaded.

I'm not sure about the east coast. I imagine that it should be rather easy to find in Charlottetown, Sydney and definitely in Halifax. I wouldn't be surprised if the cruiseline was offering such a tour.

Archived