Royal Carribean kid club at night

JosieRhodes

HI again,

I also had a question about the RC kid club post-dinner hours in terms of what is available and what activities... On Disney, they had the movies playing late, and the kids all had mats to lay on...

Just wondering what the experience is like on Royal.. as during the day, we tended to want to "play" as a family, but my husband and I did like the after dinner option that kid club provided...

So any experiences with this appreciated...

Thanks.

After 10:00 there is a charge per child to stay at the kids club. I am not sure on price. It is a few dollars a child. Anyway, when my 8 year old daughter stayed, they did activities. I guess it depends on the number of children. She had a GREAT time.

On the FOS, my boys (ages 3 and 4) loved going to Adventure Ocean after dinner. They stayed from 7:45 until just before 10 several nights. Each night, they have different themes and complete different activities. One night was pajama night, another they watched Curious George. Pirate night with the pirate parade through the ship is great. They will have a great time! They did offer to let the kids dine with Adventure Ocean in the Windjammer on three nights (including both formal nights), but we opted to have them eat with us each night - we just had to bring some things to entertain them at dinner.

• 4 weeks later...
Click here...

http://photobucket.com/cruisekidpages

Then RCCL Adventure Ocean on the left hand side. These are the pages compiled by the cruisers here at the family board. You can see the activities at night.

The cost AFTER 10pm is $5 per hour per child

Thank you so much for this info. I finally found time to sit down and look.

Thanks Again!!!!!!!!!!

There are planned activities until 10pm. After that they sometimes combine ages and really do much of nothing. That was my biggest disappointment with RCCL. While we didn't stay out really late, there were times we would come back close to 11pm and the 6-8 was combined with the 9-11 group and it was just complete chaos of kids running around with music blasting and only one adult checking kids in and out. No one was interacting with them at all and there was no option to relax and watch a movie or just sit and read a book. My 6yr old was intimidated by the older 10-11yr old girls/boys and did not like it at all so after 2 nights during the week, we always made sure to get her immediately following our late seating dinner.

When she was in the 3-5yr old group, it was much calmer after 10pm. My 4yr old niece slepted while watching TV this cruise and I almost put my DD in that group because of the calmer atmosphere later at night.

They also force each child into trying every activity. If after 5 minutes, you still don't want to play, you can do something else. My daughter did not want to play dodgeball with the majority of 7-8yr old boys that were there. They told her she had to try and she was pounded in the face with a ball 2-3 minutes into the game. :mad: She is not a wimp by any means. She plays all kinds of sports but she was really hurt. Another girl was also hurt in the same game and was still crying when I went to pick DD up. The kids club apologized and said they aren't going to make the kids play if they don't want to anymore.

Now this isn't to say the kids club is bad. They have a lot of great activities for the kids, but they are much geared towards active things then arts and crafts. My daughter loved the 3-5 group but wasn't such a fan of the 6-8. I think she was just a tad too young for that group. That isn't RCCL fault though. The pirate night and circus day are not to be missed. They are a ton of fun.

After 10 p.m. many of the age groups are combined, however, there are several areas that the kids have access too. On the Rhapsody last week, there was a "quiet room" and another room. I couldn't see the other room but there was physical games going on and a movie playing. In the "quiet" room, they had face painting (the kids painting each other with fabric friendly paints), video games, Fisher Price toys (like dinosaurs, etc.). My 7-year-old DD begged to go to "Late Night Party Zone" every evening. It is $5 per child per hour. They bill your Seapass and they even broke it down by the half hour charging $2.50.

Archived