Embark at Long Beach Tomorrow !!! Questions !!

gf.buyer

What time should I arrive at Long Beach to embark on the 3 day Baja cruise. My cruise documents say that 1.30pm is the earliest checkin time. Does anybody have experience with Long Beach. I thought you could start getting on the boat earlier than that ?????

Also how strict are they on cooler size ?? I have a soft rolling cooler that is just a smidge larger than 12x12x12. Will they be stopping me with that one ??

Yes, you can get on the ship earlier than what your documents say. I like to arrive at the cruise terminal around 11:00 or 11:30 am. That way, you're usually on the ship around noon, enjoying your vacation! Have fun!

On the early checkin at Long Beach, is it from 9-11 am and then it shuts down ?? Do you have to have stayed on the hotel at theQueen Mary to use ???

Does regular checkin not start until 12.30pm ??? Or is it possible to go through regular checkin earlier ??

I just spoke to the Carnival telephone rep and he said I would have had to stay on the Queen Mary to checkin early. He also said that I would not be able to checkin until 12.30pm going through the regular route. He really didn't seem to know the answers to these questions, So I don't find the Carnival telephone reps to be very helpful !!!!!!!

I really need to get this figured out. I only live an hour from Long Beach. My wife is not able to stand in lines or walk around too much so I want to be sure that when I arrive we can get on the boat, find a spot to sit and have lunch. We can't be stuck on the pier cooling our jets for a couple of hours waiting !!

On the early checkin at Long Beach, is it from 9-11 am and then it shuts down ?? Do you have to have stayed on the hotel at theQueen Mary to use ???

Does regular checkin not start until 12.30pm ??? Or is it possible to go through regular checkin earlier ??

I just spoke to the Carnival telephone rep and he said I would have had to stay on the Queen Mary to checkin early. He also said that I would not be able to checkin until 12.30pm going through the regular route. He really didn't seem to know the answers to these questions, So I don't find the Carnival telephone reps to be very helpful !!!!!!!

I really need to get this figured out. I only live an hour from Long Beach. My wife is not able to stand in lines or walk around too much so I want to be sure that when I arrive we can get on the boat, find a spot to sit and have lunch. We can't be stuck on the pier cooling our jets for a couple of hours waiting !!

I'm not sure what time early check in stops, but you do not have to stay on the Queen Mary to use it. We did it last October. Once you check your bags just walk over to the Queen Mary. There should be signs for early check in or ask one of the Porters.

We were on the Paradise a couple of months ago, and we all stood in line until about 12:30. I would say, get there at 1:00 and you'll get right on.

The cabins arem't ready until 1:30-2:00, so, unless you need to drop a cooler or other baggage in your room, we went straight to the Lido and then to Camp Carnival (since we have little ones, and they loved it).

Boarding was easy, and the cruise was great.

On the early checkin at Long Beach, is it from 9-11 am and then it shuts down ?? The Carnival employees working on the QM then move over to the regular check-in in the Dome. Do you have to have stayed on the hotel at theQueen Mary to use ??? No

Does regular checkin not start until 12.30pm ??? Or is it possible to go through regular checkin earlier ?? Regular checkin starts a little bit after the Carnival employees move over to the Dome, about 11:30 both times we've been there.

I really need to get this figured out. I only live an hour from Long Beach. My wife is not able to stand in lines or walk around too much so I want to be sure that when I arrive we can get on the boat, find a spot to sit and have lunch. We can't be stuck on the pier cooling our jets for a couple of hours waiting !! There is no place to eat lunch there except the QM, but if you check in early and then go to zone 1, you will be on board by noon or shortly after to have unch there. There are some benches around that your wife can sit while waiting. The only way to 'walk right on' is to go after about 1:30 or so.

Check the pics in my signature to see the boarding area.

This is the major factor in my advice here.

If you get there early, you could be stuck on the pier cooling your jets for a couple of hours. There is no guarantee that you are just getting on quickly.

Even if you do early check in, you have to wait in the Zone 1 line until they are ready.

(If there are any problems with any passengers debarking, then it can take even longer).

Then they will let Wedding Parties on first. Then VIP (platinum or Category 11s or 12s). Then maybe handicapped (physically challenged).

I live about 30 minutes from the port, so do last minute cruises a bit.

I usually just wait to get there until about 1:30 pm. Not being the first person on the ship, is no big deal for me.

The cabins also most likely won't be ready until 1 or 1:30 anyway.

At 1:30 the big lines are over, "gotta get on the ship immediately" people are on.

You show up, maybe wait in a tiny line, check in, walk through, bing bing you're on the ship dropping things off in your cabin.

And the lunch grill is open until about 3:30 or 4.

This has worked for me personally at Long Beach (for Paradise) several times. Just my two cents of advice.

Archived