Nyc,bestwestern City View

deacon47

It's an old school converted into a hotel; it's probably fine once you're inside it. You can see it from the LIE on your far right fairly soon after you pass Silvercup Studios, and it's close to Manhattan, but I don't think it's near any subway stations. (I may be wrong about that, maybe someone more familiar with the area will correct me.) A cab will have to take you through the Midtown Tunnel, which will add tolls to the trip. You should probably call the hotel directly and ask how they handle this.

Their website states that there is a complimentary shuttle to the subway and restaurants. I use to pass this hotel every day on the way to our business located in Greenpoint 15 years ago and at the time thought what an odd location for a hotel . But if the price is right, and if I am remembering correctly, you are one subway stop from the City.

Now I definitely think they should get more information from the hotel. Getting off the subway late at night returning from Manhattan and having to wait for that shuttle could be very interesting, especially if it's off on a run to La Guardia. As I say, I don't know what that neighborhood is like; it may not be an issue except for distance.

We live in a small town ( pop 981 ) in north arkansas and I do believe NYC might be a culture shock. We will be there for 3 days before sailing on the miracle,June 10

THANKS AGAIN

Archived