Please tell me why...

msnyder6706

The purpose of age limits on a hot tub is safety. Children -- especially thin ones -- can quickly get dangerously overheated in a hot tub. You might not even realize it but they could be feverish and limp before you know it. Infants and young toddlers should NEVER be in a hot tub, no matter what signs are posted, and children should probably just dangle their legs in.

Of course, that assumes the hot tub is HOT. If it's basically the temperature of bathwater then it is no longer a safety issue, though it could still be a health risk (for adults AND children) if it is not properly chlorinated.

We had very nice reactions from people on our cruise. We felt very welcome with our almost 2 yr old.

And I would be very careful about having a young child in a hot tub. It can be very dangerous.

My experience is that reactions are very different here than on board the ship. We've never felt anything other than welcome on a cruise with our kids. That said, they've been drilled about common courtesy things, like not running in the halls, using whisper voices in the halls, not banging the balcony door, etc. Really, the same behavior we expect of them if we're staying in a hotel.

Don't let the sometimes very strong anti-kid sentiment occasionally voiced here affect your expectations for the cruise. :)

We've always felt very welcome on the ship! My girls love cruising. I'm sure that if they were treated poorly they wouldn't love it. But, the staff always seems to cater them. We've also never had any problems with other passengers. But, we always cruise during school breaks. So, maybe that's why.

Some people look at the glass and see it as half-full - they are the optimists. Some people look at the glass and see it as half-empty - they are the pesimists. Other people look at the same glass and declare it "nearly empty" and also notice a chip on the glass' lip and a smudge on its side - they are the Grumpy Old Farts (where "old" is a state of mind not an age!).

The GOFs are looking for reasons to complain! Kids, chair hogs, dress code, etc are all fair game for the GOFs.

Archived