Live from Island Princess Alaska NB

josetann

By the way, we are having a meet and greet party with our cruise critic group on the SB trip you're on. It's in the Wheelhouse Lounge at 2 pm on Tuesday May 27. Be sure to join us!

Larry

Larry, you may well still be on vacation. I sail on the Island on June 9. I was wondering how you scheduled a meet and greet party with Princess? If you, or anyone else can help with this, I would appreciate the advice.

Thanks, and wishing one and all smooth sailing.

Kathleen

On the SB now. We continue to have great weather. Short sleeve weather in Skagway. We've had great weather on all our trips save one. Embarkation was horrible, we didn't receive our new cards the night before (but my son and Mom did). Asked at front desk before debarkation for our cards, was told we'd get them when we boarded. We show up a bit after 7PM and are told that we need to get new cards on the ship. A crew member accompanies us since we can't actually board without our new cards. It takes over 20 minutes with an unhappy baby until we can fully board the ship.

One thing that has improved is the food. They must have restocked their spices at Wal-Mart. Food has gone up a few notches and is now between mediocre and good. Service is a bit more sporadic but still good.

What port did you board at?

Archived