WHY is RCCL leaving Galveston????

Not sure, but I think every third itinerary for the Conquest does sail to the Eastern Caribbean/Bahamas?

I'm still dreaming that RCCL will return to full-time presence from Houston/Galveston in 2010!

I live within a 4 hour drive to Galveston and have cruised out of there 3 times with Carnival. I am simply tired of the Western itinerary. I will be sailing with RCI for the first time this July (Eastern-Marnier) because I love the Eastern itinerary and I am tired of Carnival..however, with the cost of airfare to Florida from Texas, I am afraid that I will be back in Galveston next year and sailing Carnival again..my fear is that I will LOVE RCI and I will have no options unless I want to pay for airfare...I REALLY wish that they would/could do Eastern routes from Galveston!

YES.. I was soooo tired of that itinerary also so I went looking..

I went on eastern/southern (cant keep'em straight) itinerary on the

GOS in 04/08, FABULOUS. The air fare to SJ was reasonable. We had such

a GREAT TIME & love the intinerary we are booked a similar one

for the AOS in 09/08. Air is still reasonable.

I'm hoping something happens in Galveston too, BUT it does not

seem likely..

The sailings on Voyager out of Galveston were full. Yet, they take her away during the peak travel time when the kids are out of school.

It's all about the almighty dollar. They put the ships where they feel they can generate the most revenue. And right now that's in Europe. I do think there is a possibility they may keep a ship in Galveston year round in the future. Preferably doing the 5-5-4 schedule rather than the seven day sailings.

The sailings on Voyager out of Galveston were full. Yet, they take her away during the peak travel time when the kids are out of school.

Actaully the CCL ships out of Galveston always sail full too...the market there is very strong and with RCI pulling out, a cruise from Texas on CCL will continue to rise in price. My CCL Glory cruise out of Port Canaveral last summer was about 200.00 per person less than the Conquest out of Galveston the same week...Texans want to cruise and with rising fuel prices, more and more Texans will chose to cruise out of Galveston instead of Florida. Carnival will continue to rake in those dollars. I am irritated as a "Texan cruiser" because no matter what, the cost for me to cruise is going to be expensive. Carnival can pretty much charge whatever they want as there is no competition out of Galveston.

Archived