What to bring to haul kids around?

Alaskabound77

We are doing an 8 day Alaskan cruise at the end of June. I have a 4 year old (just turned) and a 7 month old. What should I bring for them? I was thinking of bringing a high end umbrella stroller and a Beco carrier (think Bjorn but also can carry the baby on your back). Any thoughts?

My wife is an avid "babywearer". Our kids have been riding on our backs (or fronts) from the time they were newborns. It gives them a great vantage point and keeps them nice and warm. There are so many choices for slings and wraps but you won't find them at the big chain stores. So my thought is wear the baby and a stroller for the 4 year old. You can get high end light weight.

Alaskabound 77- check out the Maclaren Volo- it is very lightweight and handles great. We just purchased two for our trip to Europe this summer. They hold up to 55 pounds so you will get years of use out of one. Found ours on ebay and saved about $40/ stroller. Have a great trip!

I definitely recommend both a stroller and the backpack. We just took our son to Alaska and used both our Maclaren Quest and our Ergo (similar to bjorn but much more comfortable). We put him in the stroller to start and switched to the Ergo when he got sick of being strapped into the stroller. The ergo was also great to use on buses, trams, etc where a stroller would move around too much (ergo can be worn on front or back).

Archived