Do you use the onboard babysitters?

Alaskabound77

You might need to check with RCCI/Celebrity, as they are the only lines that have in cabin sitting, but I believe the minimum age for in cabin sitting is 1 year. If I'm incorrect with this age, someone please correct me.

I've known many who've used the in cabin sitting, and they loved it.

Yes. We book late seating dinner and always arrange for a sitter from 7:30 to 10:30 every night.

She always arrives with a duffle bag of age appropriate toys and we just tell her to let him play until he wants to go to bed.

It's not perfect, there is some stranger anxiety, but, we think, it's well worth it!

We used the sitter a few times last week on Celebrity. We put our son to bed before she came and he only woke up once - she gave him the pacifier and he went right back to sleep. Our friends used the sitter also. Their daughter stayed awake later and the sitter loved playing with her. We both had great experiences.

On Celebrity's website, they said minimum age 12 months. However, the policy used to be 6 months and that was the age still printed on the request form. My son was one week shy of his birthday and we were able to use the sitter with no problem. I would definitely verify though before you plan on it, because they might not watch your 8 month old.

It's a great service if you're eligible to use it. I highly recommend it as it gives you and your husband some much-needed time alone!

The in cabin babysitting is great. I wouldn't be comfortable using a complete stranger at a land based hotel, but at sea I was fine with it. My son was 20 months old at the time and it was a HUGE treat for me and my husband to go 'out' for a nice dinner. Just check on the ages - your baby might be too young for it.

Archived