Category 11 Suite On Fascination

cruzeluver

Cat 11 and 12 suites on the fantasy class are great!

If you found a great deal on a cat 11, check the cat 12. sometimes they are just $100 more and so worth every penny!

Either way, you will not be unhappy

Any opinions on these? They look pretty nice and found a great price!!

Thanks.

I you opt for the Cat. 11's....Just make sure you DO NOT GET stateroom #'s V23, V25, V27, V34, V38, or V42 ......They are all Partially Obstructed Views.

The Cat. 12's..... No worries on any you choose ! :D

All Cat 11's on the Fantasy class ships are under the Gym and you can hear people in their the moment it opens. Also the back three staterooms are obstructed views and the rest of them are easily visible from the huge verandah deck at the front of the ship. No privacy and only a slightly larger room. I don't think the Cat 11's on Fantasy Class ships are workth the extra money.

Cat.12's on Fantasy class are great. Cat. 11's ARE the worst buys on the seas. They are essentially the same as Cat. 8's on the newer ships. Except the balcony is smaller, has NO privacy, and are inboard of the Promenade Deck. [they look down on a deck, not the water.] And the aft half of them have the view blocked by lifeboats.

For my money, they are not worth a dime more than an OV. cabin.

Dan

I have cruised on Fascination 4 times in the last 5 years and always book Cat 11 for the balcony. I usually have my grandson with me on this ship and we want 2 beds...Cat 11 is the only balcony with a bed that can be converted to two....

They are simply lovely. Well appointed and convenient to the rest of the ship. The balcony is very big with 2/3 chairs and 1/2 tables. The bathroom is very large. There is a curtain that can be pulled across to separate the sleeping area from the "living room" area. They are quite large.

I find them to be quiet and quite comfortable.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Cat.12's on Fantasy class are great. Cat. 11's ARE the worst buys on the seas. They are essentially the same as Cat. 8's on the newer ships. Except the balcony is smaller, has NO privacy, and are inboard of the Promenade Deck. [they look down on a deck, not the water.] And the aft half of them have the view blocked by lifeboats.

Dan

I agree with you (seems I have done that a couple of times lately!)

I would not steer someone into one of these "suites" - if you can get the Cat 12 for a small bit more then GO FOR IT! If $ is the deciding factor, and you must have a balcony, then I suppose that Cat 11 is a good fit for you.

Tom

Dan

I stayed in a cat 11 last september. I booked it last minute, and didn't have time to research it, so imagine my surprise when we got onboard, i opened the curtain, walked out onto the balcony, and saw the deck down below!:eek: I was bummed at first because I love to look down and see the water, but we made the best of it. I still sat out on my balcony, listening to my ipod, just enjoying the nighttime, and sure, people would walk by down below, but no big deal. Just make sure you are dressed, because there is NO privacy on THOSE balconies! What I DID love about the Verandah deck is that you had easy access to a door that led out to a great deck at the front of the ship! I went out there lots of time at night, it was convenient to get to. If you can afford the Cat 12, i would definitely get that instead of a Cat 11.

I stayed in a cat 11 last september. I booked it last minute, and didn't have time to research it

And that's exactly why I steer people to click on this researched thread/link -

Click on this thread/link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=298868

Lots of pictures and reviews from people who stay in these.

Also different reasons from people why they like them.

Check it out and you can make an informed decision.:D

Some people know what it is, and absolutely love these cabins for the location and quiet.

Some people don't.

And shoot!

I hate these views from my Category 11 Verandah Balcony!

d6c74229a9b331a322a7da5898d6b332.jpg

c2ce0abed9f1873a194d6b051ae72cfa.jpg

All you see is deck in your way! And I hate how there is no more boat or cabins above you, so you have to look directly up into the sky and the stars at night with nothing in the way!;)

Archived