Best rooms for privacy w/a 2 year old

bbeard72

We want to go on a cruise w/ our 25 month old son. He sleeps in a crib and a traditional cruise room will not work. We can't all turn off the lights and sit in the dark starting at 8pm. What cruise lines or types of rooms on any cruise ship offer the most privacy where we can segregate him for quiet and privacy and us still be able to be in the room and watch tv etc.

We don't want to have to buy 2 rooms side by side and my husband and I split up sleeping in rooms.

We just got back from a cruise on Celebrity Infinity. We got a "family view" room and it was perfect. Absolutely worth every penny. It had a wall with a sliding door between the bedroom area and the living area. We were able to talk and watch TV in the bedroom after putting the baby to sleep in the living room. The bathroom was on our side so we didn't wake him up when we got ready for bed. The only downfall was that the balcony was off the living room, so we couldn't sit out there after he went to bed - he's a light sleeper and would have woken up when we passed back through.

Celebrity often holds these rooms for families of 5 or more early in the booking period, but they can open up later for groups of any size later on. Keep your eyes open and you should be able to get one.

We want to go on a cruise w/ our 25 month old son. He sleeps in a crib and a traditional cruise room will not work. We can't all turn off the lights and sit in the dark starting at 8pm. What cruise lines or types of rooms on any cruise ship offer the most privacy where we can segregate him for quiet and privacy and us still be able to be in the room and watch tv etc.

We don't want to have to buy 2 rooms side by side and my husband and I split up sleeping in rooms.

In our experience Disney offers by far the best rooms for families. The standard rooms on DCL are equivalent to suites on other ships and have a distinct sitting area and sleeping area that can be separated by a curtain to provide the privacy you seek while still allowing you to keep tabs on your little one. Also Disney is one of the only lines I'm aware of that has a program for 2 year olds in their Flounder nursery. I think it would provide the perfect cruise solution for your family.

I'm not sure if its the same for non-balcony cabins, but our balcony cabin on RCI Serenade of the Seas had a privacy curtain between the bed and loveseat. That gave us two rooms, plus the balcony to sit on an watch the world sail by. We've done it with an inside, ov and balcony and small kids, and the balcony wins hands down for mom & dad's comfort!

If you can get a full aft corner suite on a Carnival ship, there is a separate bedroom where you can close off the doors from there to the living room space. We had one on the Carnival Miracle and it would have been perfect for that.

In our experience Disney offers by far the best rooms for families. The standard rooms on DCL are equivalent to suites on other ships and have a distinct sitting area and sleeping area that can be separated by a curtain to provide the privacy you seek while still allowing you to keep tabs on your little one. Also Disney is one of the only lines I'm aware of that has a program for 2 year olds in their Flounder nursery. I think it would provide the perfect cruise solution for your family.

Carnival has a program for 2 year olds also.

ANY balcony cabin on any ship. :D

The family staterooms with extra rooms are so coveted (because there are so few of them) that you will pay more for them than a balcony.

When cruising with young children, I always recommend getting a balcony cabin. At this point, I can't cruise without one.

When the kids go to bed for the evening, it's always earlier than I want to go to bed. And I don't want to have to tip toe around a cabin, even with a curtain dividing up the cabin.

So we get a balcony, the kids go to sleep, we head outside for a little adult alone time. Take a bottle of bubbly and it actually feels like a real date. ;) :D

If you want to hear what's going on inside the cabin but don't want to leave the door open, then take a monitor.

Sounds like celebrity has the best thing with a sliding door. I don't think a curtain would do as you could still hear and he need quiet to go to sleep. Plus i'd want to be able to watch tv and have the lights on so just having a balcony wouldn't work.

Any other lines have rooms that might have something like celebrity? I'm sure that's cheaper than the carnival aft room w/ two bedrooms.

Several of the suite on Norwegian have bedrooms with a door to separate them from the living room. Some on the newer ships even have a second bedroom, so the child can be in his/her own bedroom while you can enjoy the living/dining area, balcony, and your own bedroom. They can be a bit pricey, but sometimes you can find a good deal on them, and wow, are they nice!

Archived