Questions from a new poster

Kerrilah

I have been reading you guys for a long time and you have all been so much help, thanks! Hope someone can help me now!

I just booked my third cruise with Carnival and booked through Cruise.com.

Has anyone used them before? After it took my payment it said my cruise documents would be available to me at the pier the day of departure. Do they really not send them to you before? How do you fill out your forms early without the docs and luggage tags?

Also we are going on the Pride out of Long Beach. Has anyone cruised on Pride before? I would love some insider info! :)

And we booked an OV guarantee. Think there is any possibility of being upgraded to a balcony??

Thanks so much everyone!

Kerri

We are not allowed to discuss TA's on this board, so can't help you there.

As for the OV guarantee... it would be rare to be upgraded to a balcony. Most "upgrades" are deck to deck within the same category... of course it is always possible but don't get your hopes up.

Have a great cruise!!!!

Also we are going on the Pride out of Long Beach. Has anyone cruised on Pride before? I would love some insider info! :)
The Pride is great! You will have a fantastic time. :D There are links below to my short review of our cruise and to my pictures. For a more detailed report of the cruise, visit this link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=42729&page=3&pp=40

And finally, there is a well known review by Marklodi sharing his experience with his 1st cruise and the Pride. If you would like it, Mark was nice enough to send it to me in word format. If you send me an e-mail (address below) I would be happy to send you a copy.

As for your documents, go to Carnival's website and fill out the FunPass information. They will put that into your docs and have them at the pier when you get there. Not everyone has pier pickup, but let one of the employees know that you do and they'll direct you from there. :)

Kerrilah, I used them for my last two cruises and had no problem. In fact, they sent our documents to us every time.:) I don't know why you aren't getting yours in the mail, unless your cruise date is very close and there isn't time. We received our doc's from them 6 weeks before our cruise this time and had plenty of time to fill out our forms.

One word of warning though, be sure to remember when your final payment is and pay it on time! There are no reminders, e-mails, or phone calls. And if you miss your final payment you could forfeit your cruise and have to rebook at the current price which could be significantly higher. A personal TA from a local travel agency will call you and remind you when your final payment which is due. An internet agency will not notify you of your final payment. So be aware of when your final payment is due, we just barely remembered ours!:eek:

Thanks everyone! I got in touch with the TA and they also said I would receive them in the mail, so guess there was some mix up, most likely on my end! Guess I'm just to focused on the cruise!

We are going in February and it just seems to far away!

Thanks again

Archived