Just Booked My First Guarantee

custompcsys

After sitting here reading the boards and deciding I would go through too much withdrawl waiting from June of this year till June of next year between cruises :D , I booked the Crown eastern Caribbean for Nov 30. Since I needed to keep this one cheap and still wanted a balcony, I rolled the dice and booked a BG guarantee.

The price of the BGs was very reasonable even booking direct throught Princess (I know, I know, I always book through my discount TA but she is away till the 30th, so I will just transfer the booking when she gets back!). When I looked at cabin availability BF-BG came up as guarantee only, so I figured odds are I should at least get bumped up a couple of categories. Worst case I get what I paid for, and how bad can a balcony be anywhere on the ship? :)

Just wondering what anyone's experience who has tried booking a BF or BG guarantee has been. Now I too will get the fun of checking the personalizer to see when my cabin will be assigned! :)

I booked a BF gar. for a Crown sailing this past Feb. and was assigned a BD on Baja deck, a 2 cat upgrade. Made me perfectly happy. Cabin assingment came about 6-7 weeks before sailing. Enjoy your cruise. I LOVED that cruise :)

We just booked a BG guarantee on the TA from Copenhagen to FT. Lauderdale on Sept. 17 on the Crown. We are elite and it appears that you are gold. There are only 4 cabins in BG and 4 in BF, so I am hoping that you and we will be upgraded. This is the first in a long time that we are doing a guarantee. We have not had the upgrade fairy visit us ever, so this will be interesting. Let us know what happens!:)

I guess you can say we've been lucky the both times we've sailed with Princess. At the time, we were really unfamiliar with the categories so we booked BG guarantees directly through them and were assigned a BD cat. on the Baja deck each time. Loved the locations!!! Now that we are up to speed on the differences, we booked the cabin we wanted on the Caribe deck.

Good luck and have a wonderful cruise!!!

Archived