Is it possible get paper docs and E docs?

Doinitwell

Just curious here and kinda on the topic..............if you print your luggage tags out and they are black and white (no color) how do you disembark? Do they still call luggage tag colors? <Just one more little thing to worry about before we cruise in 16 days>

Jody

Just curious here and kinda on the topic..............if you print your luggage tags out and they are black and white (no color) how do you disembark? Do they still call luggage tag colors? <Just one more little thing to worry about before we cruise in 16 days>

Jody

They will give you a new set of tags with a number on it and you wait until they call that number to disembark.:)

This is sort of how it works.. I get both as well, but the key is to actually SELECT paper docs right away (do NOT select e-docs), then after you've paid in full (whenever that happens to be) your e-docs will be made available online. Has nothing to do with 'not selecting anything'. I am getting the same 'guests will receive paper docs via mail' message mentioned above right now, and my paper docs will not be mailed for some time (Nov 08 cruise); but I know that I am getting them, approximately 30-60 days out.

Once I pay in full in a few weeks, my electronic docs will become avail online, and at that time I'll save a copy to my computer. Then I'll wait for my paper docs to arrive at the normal time.. :)

Drat. I didn't even know this was available at all. I went in there thinking there was ONLY e-docs anymore and now I won't get the folder on my first cruise. Oh well. There's nothing I can do about it, but I so wished I knew about this before I paid the cruise off last week!! :)

They will give you a new set of tags with a number on it and you wait until they call that number to disembark.:)

Thanks sappygirl. That's what my hubby thought. Hmm, let's see. what can I obsess over now?

Just got off the miracle on the 10th. When we checked in, all they did was look at our passports, scan them as they have a bar code, it brought up our info as we had registered online and we did print the funpass to take with and also had the hard copies from Carnival. They never looked at anything else. P.S. Embarkation in New York was a nightmare! The rest of the cruise was excellent

• 3 weeks later...

Today I talked my TA as My final payment was due for My Sept.Sailing on "Miracle" out of NYC. At time of booking, I requested that Paper Docs be sent to me in the mail. I was told by My TA that She would tell Carnival what I wanted. So when I first talked with Her today, all was OK. Then about 2 hours later, I got a call back from my Agent telling me that their Customer Service Dept. said Carnival was not mailing out Paper Docs anymore. My Agent said She then called Carnival and they told Her the same thing. I was told they can download them for me in Sept. when they get them online and fax or mail them to me. Fine! Now what happens with the luggage tags, I asked Her and I was told I would have to get them at the pier. Now can everbody sailing that day, get their luggage tags at the pier. That place in NYC is a madhouse on sailing day. Have done it many times and not looking forward to this experience at all. How have past guests this year handled this luggage tag problem? Would appreciate any info on this subject. Thanks so much in advance. IKE

I filled everything out online and it shows as "completed," but I cannot get it to print the FunPass out... It just does nothing.

I had the same problem. The FunPass just would not print every time I clicked on print. Finally, I went to "file" and chose "print" from there and it worked. I printed an extra set from a different computer and printer and had the same problem. I think website/Vista error.

Thanks for your suggestion to laminate the luggage tags. I have a question for you, where would I get laminated sheets long enough to fit on both sides of the printed out paper luggage tags? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

IKE

Thanks for your suggestion to laminate the luggage tags. I have a question for you, where would I get laminated sheets long enough to fit on both sides of the printed out paper luggage tags? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

IKE

Most office supply stores have laminating sheets that are 9X12. I just printed mine out tonight. I haven't gotten the laminating sheets yet, but I figured I'd cut off the white parts on the end. Just to make sure I have enough to laminate.

Thanks again for letting me know I can buy 9x12 sheets. I guess you mean stores like "Staples". I have gotten small sheets for My Driver's License etc . ! Well anyway, I appreciate your suggestions. Happy "4th"!

IKE

Thanks again for letting me know I can buy 9x12 sheets. I guess you mean stores like "Staples". I have gotten small sheets for My Driver's License etc . ! Well anyway, I appreciate your suggestions. Happy "4th"!

IKE

Yes, you can get them from Staples, Office Depot, Office Max, etc. You have a wonderful 4th too!

Don't laminate...use clear packing tape on both sides. Takes a bit of patience, but MUCH cheaper.....I don't like printing out all my docs at home and using up my expensive color ink to print out luggage tags....I don't have access to a color printer at work, so I hope Carnival keeps the paper docs as an option!

Archived