Cruise Category Upgrade...Help!

gnial131

We have reserved 3 rooms on the Gem for July 6 sailing. Two cabins in category K and one in KK (decks 4 and 5). The cost of the cruise has gone down and I called Expedia to ask for credit etc...They contacted NCL and they offered an upgrade to a category I (deck 10)...still an inside cabin. What are the benefits to this upgrade? I told them I would think about it...I need help thinking!

Thanks!

All insides are pretty much the same. All oceanview are pretty much the same. They are just a different location. Worth it to some folks. No matter to others.

Deck 10 is closer to food which is nice. You can take stairs more often vs the elevator - your heart will thank you.

We were just on the Star in February. Our friends were on deck 4, category K, and we were on deck 11 in a mini-suite. Well, they were not too happy way down there. They had booked a land/cruise tour with a company here in Milwaukee and, of course, you get the lowest category. Being up a few decks, in my opinion, is much better. We have had an inside cabin on upper decks and like it much better than where they were located. Also, they said they would never like to stay that far down again. I would take the upgrade.

Like garycarla said, you are closer to the food. I choose upper decks so my husband doesn't have so far to go to get me my morning coffee! He even brings me coffee in bed each morning at home too! What a guy.

As the designated coffee bringer, I prefer deck 10 or 11. :) I'm trying to move from deck 9 to deck 10 now. We were on deck 9, forward on two cruises-way too far to walk with 2 coffee cups. For those who are the bringers of coffee and/or breakfast Mid and Aft , by the elevators, are the places to be :) .

As the designated coffee bringer, I prefer deck 10 or 11. :) I'm trying to move from deck 9 to deck 10 now. We were on deck 9, forward on two cruises-way too far to walk with 2 coffee cups. For those who are the bringers of coffee and/or breakfast Mid and Aft , by the elevators, are the places to be :) .

close is still good,but bring travel mugs next cruise. It is great to fill them and take to the room. Less spill, more coffee, and warm

I believe that the therory is that the lower you are in the ship and towards the middle, the less motion you will feel. Personally, I prefer to be lower for that reason and also to be away from the crowds. The elevators get us where we want to go fast enough. We don't drink coffee. We do have OJ delivered to the room to have when we get up.

Archived