Glory Review May 10-17, 2008

L&D-RN

After the catamaran ride, we went back to the Glory and took a nap and went to dinner later that night. The show that night was a comedy and magic show. Tony Albano was the funny magician-he was ok. The comedian was JR McCollom. My husband liked him, I really didn't care for him. He did have an adult show the next night-I didn't like it either.

More pictures of St. Maarten

2469604490103551514S600x600Q85.jpg

The pier before the boat docked.

2882776270103551514S600x600Q85.jpg

Coming into St. Maarten

2860843950103551514S600x600Q85.jpg

Waiting on the pier

2503124670103551514S600x600Q85.jpg

Ok-I guess this is it for today! I'll do my best to finish up tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone who posted all those nice comments. :)

Ok-I guess this is it for today! I'll do my best to finish up tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone who posted all those nice comments. :)

Awww come on, just a little more tonight, lol. Just kidding, that was an awesome review. I loved sharing the pics with DH, we loved doing the Eastern route and plan on doing that next ;)

Great review so far!:)

You guys have done a wonderful job with the pictures!:cool:

Our son is getting married in St.Thomas on the beach in Sept. on this same cruise!:D Reading and Seeing these reviews helps us plan for our cruise!

''The Yard'':eek: I may pass on that one!$$$ but I sure would like a ''Bushwacker'':D

Thanks, ... waiting for more!

Great review so far!:)

You guys have done a wonderful job with the pictures!:cool:

Our son is getting married in St.Thomas on the beach in Sept. on this same cruise!:D Reading and Seeing these reviews helps us plan for our cruise!

''The Yard'':eek: I may pass on that one!$$$ but I sure would like a ''Bushwacker'':D

Thanks, ... waiting for more!

I know that is going to be one beautiful wedding. I hope it goes well. Yes-pass on "The Yard" but not on the Buschwacker!!!

More to come!

I'm back to try to finish up!

THURSDAY & FRIDAY: Both of these days were out to sea. We didn't do very much of anything. We did lay by the pool a little bit. My husband and I really don't care for many days out to sea. The last day was useful get some much needed rest and relaxation. Thursday night they had a Broadway show-once again it was good. They also had that comedian who did the adult show. We did go to it but I wasn't that impressed (as I said before). Thursday was also formal night but we skipped the dressing up part and going to the dining room. We just ate the buffet. Friday, we mainly used the day to pack up and more relaxing! We went to the show that night, which included actual cruisers. It was also a good show. The CD and assistant CDs were in on this one. I thought it was pretty cute.

SATURDAY: Saturday-a sad day!!! We had to get off the boat!! It seemed like it took forever to get off the boat. We choose not to do the "self-assist" way but from now on, we will. Friday night, they gave us luggage tags with numbers. On saturday, they announced who could leave by numbers. We were number 21-like I said, it took forever. The self assist people were off the boat by the time they called number 7 or 8.

Ok, next will just be some tid-bits. If anyone has any questions or comments, post away!!!

It's been fun!

Some things I loved:

*The cruise director is Mark Price-he was awesome!!!

*The assistant CD's were good too.

*The daily bloody mary & mimosa morning specials.

2540399590103551514S600x600Q85.jpg

*The chocolate melting cake-best dessert ever!

2268782380103551514S600x600Q85.jpg

*The Miami Vice-pina colada & strawberry daiquiri-yumm!!!

2698598150103551514S600x600Q85.jpg

*Our waiter-I Made-always had a smile anytime we saw him.

2588270840103551514S600x600Q85.jpg

*Our bar waiter Rodolufo-he knew our names, what we wanted, and our foilo number. He was everywhere we were!!!

*Loved the shuttle service to & from the boat.

*The M&G-wish more people would have shown up though.

*All the towel animals that awaited us!

*The boat was very clean, up to date, and nicely decorated. Great staff everywhere!

*The shops on the boat-believe it or not-they do have really good deals!

*Our M'aitre d-Mr. V.

*St. Thomas was the def the highlight of the entire trip!

*The Golden Eagle Catamaran excursion in St. Maarten.

One last thing-

Thanks for everything boomsis and badnuze ;) You guys are the best!!!

So I'm all done!!!

WOW...

What a great review!:D

Can't wait to get on the GLORY in Sept! We have a party of 14 going(fam & Friends) for my sons beach wedding.

We are also booked with the group Glorious Misfits!

I think there are 60 or so of us! We will have a blast!!

THANKS FOR THE PICS AND REVIEW!!!:D:D

They took us to an island-yes there were naked people walking around! In the excursion details, it does tell you it is a "clothing optional" island. I'm just not used to naked people walking around-sorry!!!

Well you will get used to it the longer you are a L&D nurse. I know what you are meaning but I laughed at this because I am a L&D nurse too. After all the years I have been doing it I really don't notice nudity on women too much. Now I hate walking into a room to have the Dad sitting there in his boxers. Great review. We are doing this same cruise in October. What day would you suggest to go to the supper club? We are still trying to figure out what night to go.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it has taken me so long to get around to reading your review... I just finished reading through to St. Thomas (page 1)... great stuff... I must read on.

...boat drill. The drill is hot and crowded. After the drill we went to the lido deck ...

The drill was slow this week... last week we returned our life jackets to our room near the aft end and made it all the way to the front deck well before sail-away... this week we left the dock before we finished muster.

...I enjoyed all the shows throughout the entire cruise.

We did not go to all of them this week (did some of them last week), but yes, they were good. Somehow I managed to miss the magic show though.

MONDAY: Monday was an out to sea day...I did slide down the slide a couple of times-that was fun! I guess the "big kid" in me wanted to come out!!...

I do not know why, but my "big kid" never came out this time around. we really never spent much time lounging in central Lido this time, so that is likely why I missed the slide... oh well, we will just have to cruise again.

...we hopped on the free shuttle and went to Paradise Point. Another beatuiful part of St. Thomas. It was a short cable car ride to the top with a gorgeous view waiting....

I did not know about the free shuttle... our taxi drive was supposed to drop us off there (on our way back from town) and failed to stop, we ended up walking back... oh well, it really was not that far.

[/url]

Love Magen's Bay! We spent much of our day here on the beach... this is where DW got her burn. Kind of messed things up for the next couple days.

2588270840103551514S600x600Q85.jpg

*Our bar waiter Rodolufo-he knew our names, what we wanted, and our foilo number. He was everywhere we were!!!

Wow, I'm surprised to see someone I recognize amongst your photos! We were on the Glory May 24 sailing and came across this guy on our last night of the cruise in Amber Palace. We'd asked for two blue hurricane glasses but he only had one left, so he told us to swing by the lido pool bar sometime after 11:00. It'd be closed, he said, but he'd still be there cleaning up and would give us some free glasses. Sure enough, he recognized us immediately when we walked up and handed over four blue glasses! What a nice guy!

Great review! What free shuttle to Paradise Point? Doesn't it cost $18 to go in the cable car to the top? What's in the Bushwacker?

I went into nursing to be an L&D nurse but got sidetracked into psych and have been doing it 32 years!

It is $18 to the top, yes.

Bushwacker:

6 oz. Baileys

3 oz. Kahlua

2 oz. Dark Rum

2 oz. Amaretto

3 oz. Dark Cacao

2 oz. Vodka

blended together with ice and topped with whipped cream, nutmeg, and a cherry. SO GOOD!

Wow! What a great review! You really did a great job - I really enjoyed your pictures. It makes a big difference when people post their photos in their review. It gives you a feel for what you guys experienced. Thanks again!:)

It is $18 to the top, yes.

Bushwacker:

6 oz. Baileys

3 oz. Kahlua

2 oz. Dark Rum

2 oz. Amaretto

3 oz. Dark Cacao

2 oz. Vodka

blended together with ice and topped with whipped cream, nutmeg, and a cherry. SO GOOD!

Last time I was there they had a 'special price' of $25 - which included the ride up and a bushwacker in an adorable ceramic mug - very unique and a great souvenir! Well worth it!

Archived