Decision time...Carnival or Tropical Weddings Jamaica

This decision is going to be the death of me yet! I've been going back and forth trying to decide if I'm going to go through Carnival to do a wedding in Montego Bay or Almarie at Tropical Weddings Jamaica.

Has anyone done (or is doing) the shoreside wedding in Montego Bay? From what I can tell on Carnival's website, shoreside weddings at MoBay are done at Richmond Hills, which is very pretty and overlooks MoBay and the sea.

Almarie at TWJ does them on the beach but it directly across the bay from the cruise ship. I had issues with this since it didn't really go with my vision of blue sky meeting the blue ocean for as far as the eye can see. But after debating on it for a week I'd be okay with it because it is still a beach wedding and its a bit more casual for my guests.

Now here is the kicker. My guest list unexpectly grew this weekend from 10 people to almost 18! EEEKKK!!! This means its going to cost me more to go through TWJ. BUT I have a feeling the cost between Carnival and TWJ will equal out because the photos aren't included with the Carnival package whereas they are with TWJ. So the cost really isn't the factor it all comes down to the location.

I think by the time I add in the photo costs and the cost of transportation for all my guests to get to the site, Carnival is more than likely going to be the more expensive route.

Soooooo...does anyone know what a typical Carnival photo package costs? Did anyone have extra transportation added through Carnival for their shore side weddings? What did that cost?

I hate that Carnival's wedding dept isn't open 24 hours! :p

Thanks everyone!

Decision made! I'm definitely going with Tropical Weddings Jamaica! Almarie's reviews are outstanding and she's been amazing to work with so far. I've got peace just knowing I'm in good hands! And the site I'm sure will be absolutely beautiful AND it is kind of cool having the ship in the background like it is. It will help us remember that we took a CRUISE and got married in Jamaica.

Whew...so glad thats taken care of! If anyone else is trying to plan a wedding in Jamaica PLEASE contact Almarie at Tropical Weddings Jamaica! She's AMAZING and also does weddings in Ocho Rios and Negril!

YAY!!! Now on to more DIY stuff!!! :D

• 6 years later...