HELP!! Have to change a shore excursion

jnmrlk

Need some help from you knowledgable people!!

We are leaving this Saturday on the NCL Spirit from NYC - we had booked the "Caves/Mangroves and Beach excursion" at Samana - however my 12 yr old managed to cut his leg open very badly and needed stitches (and crutches). His stitches come out the day before we leave and I am hoping he can leave the crutches at home - however I do not think this is the excursion for him and would like to change it to the beach only - I called the NCL 800 number and they told me because I was so close to sailing I would have to do it on board - my question is this - will I be able to cancel that excursion and switch it to the beach only without incurring a cancellation fee or do I run the risk of not being able to cancel at all?

I am greatful that he did this last week and not this week, but he is miserable right now which means his 2 brothers are too!!

On a cruise to the Mexican Riviera on the Star, my mother broke out with with hives from some type of allergic reaction. She had two excursions scheduled, one of them was within 24 hours, but, due to her medical condition, they canceled them without any penalty. The crew manning the shore excursion desk was very understanding.

You shouldn't have a problem.

I changed my excursions repeatedly before my recent trip. Had no problem at all. I always check with their shore ex teams to make sure that I've got the right trips for me, it isn't always clear from the description. Their shore ex teams were great, so knowledgeable!

One thing I will say however is that there are some excursions that can't be cancelled and refunded. I think this includes things like ones that have to be booked long in advance due to using special equipment, those booking a touring car with a driver etc. It is worth double checking on the details on the website and your booking as any cancellation penalties are clearly stated.

Archived