Carnival Pride - Mexican Riviera??

tleefay

We are thinking about changing it up a bit and try the Mexican Riviera. We were just on the Carnival Miracle and absolutely loved it!! The Pride is the same class. Has anyone cruised the Riviera lately, and what type of crowd is it?

Thank you

Tleefaye

I sailed on the Spirit which is same class out of San Diego to Cabo, Mazatlan and La Paz. I think the Pride goes to other ports which is a plus. I didn't care for La Paz myself JMO. Time of year will make a difference so maybe you could elaborate a little on what you want. Mid April had a variety of ages from tweens to 80's. Good mix of people.

Wasn't terribly crowded. Had lines at the buffet but never had trouble finding a table anywhere or a lounge chair at the pool. Weather was perfect then 75-85 range. Now that summer is here it will be hotter.

We are thinking about changing it up a bit and try the Mexican Riviera. We were just on the Carnival Miracle and absolutely loved it!! The Pride is the same class. Has anyone cruised the Riviera lately, and what type of crowd is it?

Thank you

Tleefaye

We really enjoyed this cruise and the ship. It was even interesting when the ship broke down on our last sea day and this meant we would miss our flight home. But Carnival handled everything very well. We loved the ports that we traveled too very different then the gulf side of Mexico. There were a mix of people cruising mostly from the Southwest and California. On all our cruises this was the first time that the adult deck was just that all adults, security was very good about letting those with children know. Early check in on the Queen Mary was very efficient, virtually no line just walked up to the counter. We just wished they had benches to sit on while waiting to board, did not quite understand why the actual port was kept empty. We loved this cruise so much we are headed back on the Splendor in May of 09.

Thank you

Tleefaye

It will depend on the time of year you go. We were on the Pride last February during President's week and the crowd was great, they said lots of little kids, but we didn't see that many so I guess Camp Carnival did a good job. We were with a group of 33 of our friends, but the 'strangers' we talked to were mostly in our group's age group (35-65ish) and mostly from California and a couple western states. Don't worry, we Californians are great folks and from my travels over the years seem to be more 'relaxed' than other parts of the country (not sure where you're from) and we do know how to have fun, no matter what age!

Thanks! We loved the Miracle. We will be bringing our 22 year old son so a mix of ages will be good . When we were on the miracle, we felt like we were babies!! Which hey, isnt bad either!

Archived