Another Glory Review 5/17/08 - 5/24/08

juneburke

DH and myself drove down to FL from Va. We stayed at Radisson it is a nice place to say. We got a cool surprise when we got there. We got an upgrade to our room, I asked for the plan jane queen bed, but we got the two room, king bed. We got into town around 4:30pm and once we got checked in we got cleaned up and went to fine the ABC store and went to fish lips for dinner. I have to thank every one who suggested going there. The food was good and the environment as you ate was fun to be in. After dinner we just went back to the hotel to get some rest.

Embarkation

We was on the schedule to get on the shuttle at 12:00 but was lucky enough to get on one at 11:30am and it didn’t take no time to get to the port. I think we was on the Ship a little after 12:00. I have only been on two other cruises before and both left out of Miami first 2003 and the other 2005. So I don’t know how Port of Miami is now but when I went through there it was horrible. You would wait in line forever just to turn around and wait in another line and that was just to get on the Ship. Any way I think the only time we had to stand in line was to get our picture taken.

Once on board we went to look for our room it was our first balcony it was room 6473 what a great room. On future cruises if money allows this will be the kind of room we get. And like everyone else we went to get lunch and wait for the drill. The drill for us was no problem because to took like a min to get to our station. We just turned left once we left our room and took the Crew stairs down 2 flights and we were there. That’s the easiest we have found a muster station. Then after wards we went up to lido and watched as we sailed passed Fish Lips.

We had the late seating (8:15) in the Golden Dinning Room table 108. We had the best table mates anyone could ask for. There was four couples including us at our table and it was neat because I know that two of the other couples rooms was on our floor it was neat because one couple was right across the hall and the other couple was just a few doors down. Through out the week we never once crossed paths.

If anyone from our table is reading this I just want to let you know I looked forward to going to dinner every night just to see what our next conversation was going to be about. I think it ranged from what was the best cereal to “My Precious”. I hope everyone got home safe and sound.

We did most of the shows and they were all good. The only Port we went in to was Cozumel. All the others we just stayed on the ship ( where else was we going to go). We just wanted to relax on this cruise and that’s what we did. Port days was the only days I went to the pool (Aft). I think there was about 10 people there at any given time so it was nice because there was always chairs by the pool not that many people in the pool.

That about sums up my cruise we were boring but that got us the relaxation we were looking for. All in all we had a great time. Food was good we did go to the Supper Club one night and it was great. To any that is thinking about going it is worth the $30.00 per person.

I still have the capers if anyone has any questions please ask and if I know the answer I’ll be more than happy to reply. And if I don’t know I’m sure someone on here can help. I hope all that was on this sailing had a good time. If not then maybe next time.

Thanks for posting! This last week has been filled with Glory reviews, I am having a ball reading them all. DH on the other hand isn't finding it nearly as much fun as I am, lol. He says I am on here way too much, hey the way I see it I could have much deeper issues right? I don't know what I would do without CC :)

• 2 months later...

Did you find that there was noise coming from the deck above in your room? We're booked on the Glory for November 29, 2008 and we're in the same room as you were. My only concern is that we won't get a good night's sleep in that room because we're right under the Ebony Cabaret. Thanks in advance!

it was a wonderful room. No noise what so ever. I had the same concern but it was quite. Now some nights walking down the hall to our room you can hear music in the hall way. The only complaint I had with this room was the AC. It was cool in there but I like to see my breath and it just wasn't getting there for me and the couple across the hall was having the same problem.

I hope you have a good cruise.

Christy

We will be sailing on Glory in Nov so I have a couple of questions for you.

1. Did the hotel tell you why or how you got the upgrade? We have reservations there and an upgrade would be great!

2. How far in advance did you make the hotel shuttle reservations?

3. Who was the cruise director?

Thanks for helping me out.

We will be sailing on Glory in Nov so I have a couple of questions for you.

1. Did the hotel tell you why or how you got the upgrade? We have reservations there and an upgrade would be great!

2. How far in advance did you make the hotel shuttle reservations?

3. Who was the cruise director?

Thanks for helping me out.

I can answer question 1 & 2 now but 3 will have to wait until I get home and look at the capers because I can't remember his name.

1) I didn't ask the Hotel why I was upgraded, I didn't want to push the subject. I was happy to get it and if it was a computer error I didn't want to draw attention to it and have it taken away.

2) I did the reservations for the shuttle a few months out. If I were you I'd go ahead and make them. I made them for 12:00 because that's when we had to check out. But we checked out early and when you go down to the lobby for the shuttle there is a guy with a clip board with you names and time schedule. well any way we told him that we were down here and asked that if there was space before 12:00 we would like to go. and sure enough we was almost thur the check in process at the pier at 12:00. So that was nice of the guy to do that for us.

3) I think the CD was Mark not totally sure like I said once I get home I'll look at the capers and see.

Glad that you had a great cruise - we like the relaxed cruising theme as well. I really enjoyed your review!

Thanks, it was funny our table mates would talk about what they had done in port that day and then they would look at us and was like you stayed on didn't you.

Archived