automatic tipping on carnival

msberrios

I tip - so don't misunderstand this....but I find it very offensive that a crew member would confront any passenger about tipping.

It was probably more that the steward was sincerely trying to find out what he/she had done wrong, or not up to the passenger's expectations; rather than confrontational. To me, an entirely reasonable response to having your gratuities removed..

Because some people still like to tip the people themselves. Other wise it seems like a mandated service fee and not a tip. I still tip the waitress/waiters at home cash in person too;)

But I think the general point here is that most people who remove the auto gratuities DON'T actually tip the folks themselves, it is just a way of not tipping altogether; and that is just wrong..

I So I can see absolutely no reason why someone would remove the tips with no justification.

And knowing that they know it, and they're the ones handling your food :eek: , or working among your valuables.

Yes, to each their own.

What does this thread have to do with your service charges/tips in London?

One of the previous posters (from London, UK) made a comment on this thread that should be interpreted in context with tipping policies in the UK, which are very different than in the US.

It is sort of an apples/oranges analogy, and I believe Dan was making that point..

"So don't fault me for mine ." OK! its not your fault you have an opinion. :D

My point was that your way is not a tip in any way. And it would just exchange the tipping complaints for service complaints by the same complainers. Except then they'd be saying the "old tipping days" were better. But they would not mean it. They'd just be longing for the days when they could squeeze every penny and stiff the help.

And yes, anything would have been better than law school. :rolleyes: Just kidding.

Dan

Law school . . . you got that right "baby doll" . . . it was the worst three years of my life! And . . . getting that degree at age 52 was even harder . . . :o

About tipping . . . actually, I love to tip for jobs well done . . . I just don't like it when it's automatically added to one's S&S card . . . so impersonal. But I would never ask to have it removed . . . I just tip more for those that I feel went out of their way to make my cruise extra special . . . :p

[quote name='LMHSRN']Seems to me like we have a couple of pompus posters on this topic.

Mr. know it all is clueless.

Tipping is an individual thing. It is your right to do it as you see fit.

The OP is correct when he says he has the right to his opinion and Mr. pompus has the right to his.

Throwing out numbers (92%) because you think you remember where you read it is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of....

Tipping, in one way or another, is how we acknowledge the service industry in this country.

Get over it![/quote]

I'm really sorry, I guess I just did not understand the rules. But now its clear to me.
YOU are allowed to have an opinion, I'm not.

YOU are allowed to call names, I'm not.

Now I understand............

And no matter how deeply you ostrich your head into the sand. The interview does exist, and 92% is the number used in that interview. Somebody will probably give you a link to it. I won't, I'd rather you prattle on not knowing what you're talking about.:rolleyes:

Dan

Archived