I feel DEPRESSED!

We are leaving on the Enchantment in 4 days for Grand Cayman and Cozumel and out of curiosity I looked at weather.com. Well, the weather ain't looking so swell. 60-90% chance of rain for both stops! I am so excited to be going and especially to be taking a bunch of 1st time cruisers with me and I don't want it to be a wash-out! Does this time of year usually come with a lot of rain? We had planned for Paradise Beach for our stop in Cozumel and am reading a lot of complaints of brown yucky water due to previous weather. Oh man.........I need a hug!:(

don't stress too much, remember the weather in the Caribbean changes rapidly and most of the rain comes in quick bursts that move fast. Also keep in mind the weathermen have no idea what is doing for tomorrow...never mind 4 days from now!;):D

(((((((BIG hug)))))))

Oh yea.

Well, truth be known.........every once in a while......there will be rain in the Caribbean...........otherwise it would not be so green.

So.........my suggestion.............make the best of it. There are many things that you can still do in the rain.

Oh, by the way........pack 2 umbrellas!!:D :D

Seriously............enjoy your cruise!!

Rick

Honey, don't worry, because when I cruise, the rain follows me.

Since I am going East, and you are going West, you will probably pass through the weather on your at sea day and will have splendid weather in the Caribbean!!

60-90% chance of rain usually occurrs in the Afternoon in the tropics, so plan accordingly. As the weekend comes closer, you can begin to layout your travel plans. Plan for morning activities as well as onboard activities. Allocate time for Chops Grill on evening, and use the solarium with the retractable glass roof.

Book spa appointments too!! You must look pretty on the beach:)

Cheer Up!! You are going to have a blast and so are your friends!

We are leaving on the Enchantment in 4 days for Grand Cayman and Cozumel and out of curiosity I looked at weather.com. Well, the weather ain't looking so swell. 60-90% chance of rain for both stops! I am so excited to be going and especially to be taking a bunch of 1st time cruisers with me and I don't want it to be a wash-out! Does this time of year usually come with a lot of rain? We had planned for Paradise Beach for our stop in Cozumel and am reading a lot of complaints of brown yucky water due to previous weather. Oh man.........I need a hug!:(

You might want to take a look at Passion Island for white sand beaches and clear waters. I'm not particularly sure if Royal offers an excursion to this beach (I did it on Carnival), but next time I find myself on a cruise heading to Cozumel, I'd be tempted to go again.

I say tempted only because I missed out on the ruins the last time and I'd really, REALLY like to do that if I get the chance.

I also understand your feelings on the weather, but I'd trade places with you in a heartbeat. Keep everything in perspective! :p

Good luck. I wish you great weather.

Don't trust the weather stations!! I did the same thing before our last cruise--I checked everyday up until our departure. Rain...everyday..rain

Guess what?? No Rain.....!! :D Just clear blue skies and alot of sunshine!

Enjoy & have a wonderful cruise!!!

Pretty much any Caribbean port will have a chance of rain listed nearly everyday. It rarely rains for more than a brief period of time and the sun is usually out until just before and soon after the rain. Nothing to worry about.

You all are just wonderful!! Thanks for the air-hugs. You get so caught up in the planning and wanting everything to be just so perfect - I don't think I had the jitters this bad when I got married! ha ha Thanks again! I just keep thinking of how blessed we are to even be going. Last minute item = Dollar Store ponchos!

One thing I have learned about traveling is not having high expectations that way no matter what happens it's all good. My last cruise 7 days Mexican Rivera my back goes out for 4 of the 7 days...oh well at least we had a balcony room and I could keep the door open and see the water and I got to order room service 2-3 times a day...just had to make the best of it. No matter what you will be with friends and whatever the weather is you will all have a great time!

Happy Cruising :D

Tanja

Wow that really stinks rained out in all your ports maybe you should stay home and send me in your place!!!! :D

Don't worry it is rare to get a total wash out...if you get any rain usually a quick downpour and sun is back out!

If it does rain, plan on doing things that would normally be crowded. We do this all the time (mostly because it rains everyday on all our vacations, even in the southwest desert). There are no lines at DisneyWorld if you do it in the rain. And why don't people go to waterparks in the rain? Don't let weather stop you. There is always snorkeling. It doesn't matter how hard it is raining if you are in the water already. What could be more fun than running around a Caribbean town getting soaking wet in the warm rain with your significant other? This is the stuff they put in movies.

And like they say "There is no bad weather. Just poor choices in clothing". Go prepared and have fun.

Archived