Upsells & DoDos....what will they have in common?

sjbdtz

I've never had an upsell.

I've always wanted one, but had to pay for the Suite Life myself :(

Apparently now there's a move away from the upsell...so if you get one, consider yourself lucky.

If you don't get one...don't worry, it's not you.... apparently the new trend is to expect people to book the cabin they want :eek: .

Pity....

I got offered an upsell from the Upsell Fairy on our May 4th cuise to Alaska. Sometimes there more to paying for an upgrade, than just moving. The number of people in your cabin can effect your ability to move up to the next higher cabin.

They definitely still happen. We had an upsell offer for our May 11th cruise to Alaska on the Sun. We could choose either a Romance Suite or an Owners Suite. At first we didn’t take it because the price was too high, but they came to us again a week later with lower prices, so we grabbed the Owners Suite.

They definitely still happen. We had an upsell offer for our May 11th cruise to Alaska on the Sun. We could choose either a Romance Suite or an Owners Suite. At first we didn’t take it because the price was too high, but they came to us again a week later with lower prices, so we grabbed the Owners Suite.

Lucky you! My guess is that there may be many people wanting a certain category and NCL is willing to upsell some currently booked in those cats to make room, if there are up cats open.

I had a conversation with an NCL executive today who told me "we're moving away from upsells".

I had a conversation with an NCL executive today who told me "we're moving away from upsells".

Why would they move away from them. Upsells are basically cabins that have not sold and may go empty. unless they are not charging enough to make up for the extra perks of the cabin, it would be trowing away money for NCL not to try and get a few extra bucks for that room. If they get $600.00 more from me and let my old room go empty, it was better then getting nothing and let a better room go empty.

What are they moving towards then, empty suites?

Apparently. I get the impression they think that people were buying low & hoping for upsell....that if there's no upsell desk, people will buy the cabin they WANT, in the first. place.

I'm not sure...I'm just funneling through what I heard....and while it came from a credible source, there was no date attached to it...it was a more vague comment than that.

I think the statement about people buying low and then going for upsell is rather foolish. After all, there are only so many cabins to go around. Nice to HOPE/PRAY/WISH/etc for an upsell, but it just is not gonna happen to that many.

But, I could see them getting the pricing more in line to that more folks might BUY the better cabins in the first place. The variance to move up is just too much for most people.

Archived