Oosterdam Kids Program - Alaska

cigloo

Hello all.

We are sailing in Septemeber with a 9 and 12 year old. What is there for kids to do on board? Will they be bored?

Also, I can't seem to find any pciutres of this ship and the kids area - where can I look for some?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Cigloo -

We are on the Oosterdam on June 7th with our two kids (12 and 14). They both plan on enjoying the kid's club activities. I'll post a review of their thoughts on the cruise (with pics) when we get back...

From the research we did it looks like there will plenty for them to do - cooking classes for kids, a park ranger, scavenger hunts, etc... hope this helps!

Thanks, I can't wait to hear and see all about it.

Where did you do research on what/whom will be on board for this ship? I did not know about a park ranger? :confused:

Jennifer

We are sailing in Septemeber with a 9 and 12 year old. What is there for kids to do on board? Will they be bored?

Also, I can't seem to find any pciutres of this ship and the kids area - where can I look for some?

Jennifer,

We are sailing in August with 11- and 12-year old girls so were interested in the same thing.

I am going to try to some links to the HAL website. Hope they work!

On the main page under the "Onboard Our Ships" and then "Activities" and then "Youth" will come to the following page with info on Club Hal and the Loft.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-vacation-onboard/Activities.action

Then back to "Onboard Our Ships/Our Ships/Oosterdam" you will come this page

http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-vacation-onboard/Oosterdam

Over on the right toward the bottom you will see "Virtual Tours" which will take you to QuickTime 360-degree views of parts of the ship including Club Hal and The Loft.

I find the HAL website difficult to use and hard to find information -- way too many clicks for everything but there is a ton of information there.

Eremita

We are on the Oosterdam on June 7th with our two kids (12 and 14). They both plan on enjoying the kid's club activities. I'll post a review of their thoughts on the cruise (with pics) when we get back...

KemahMom,

As I mentioned to Jennifer, we are cruising in August with girls who are 11 and 12 so will be very interested in hearing what your kids thought of the activities and facilities. Thanks for offering a review.

Eremita

No problem guys! Glad to provide the review - thought it might be helpful to get a teens/tweens eye view of Alaska on a ship... My 12 yo loves to write :p

I called Ships Services and asked them about specific activities for the kids on our sailing. They were very helpful and even provided me with the amount of kids on our trip. 81 teens, 79 3-12 year olds and 6 under 2 for the June 7th trip...

Look for the report after we get back on the 14th...:)

I called Ships Services and asked them about specific activities for the kids on our sailing. They were very helpful and even provided me with the amount of kids on our trip. 81 teens, 79 3-12 year olds and 6 under 2 for the June 7th trip...

Thanks KemahMom. I forgot I meant to mention calling the 800 number for the number of kids and breakdown of ages for a cruise.

Jennifer, you may want to call now and again closer to your cruise date. I had to ask specifically to get the age break down. It is not as fine as I wish (total kids, infants, 3-12s, and 13-17s is what I was given) but it is nice to get in the ballpark.

Eremita

Archived