Embarkation in San Diego???

Lil Starr

Thank you so much. I went on the PRIDE last summer and embarkation was so simple with the early check-in. I guess i was hoping it would always be that simple. But thank you again for replying.

I know you asked about Embarkation, but Debarkation was really simple in San Diego. There was a guy standing on the gangway taking the customs forms. That was it. We didn't have to pass through immigration or anything else. I was confused when the Carnival reps kept pointing me to the exit. I thought, there has to be something else, but there wasn't.

We did the self assist debarkation, but I'm assuming it was the same for everyone.

San Diego is one of the easiest ports to sail in and out of... we didn't see the need for early check in at San Diego. They have a nice room for you to sit it while waiting to be called. The reason they have early check in at Long Beach is because no one is allowed in the terminal until all disembarking passengers have left. Because they are able to divide the building in San Diego - they can be checking in new passengers while the previous ones are still leaving.

LOVED not having to go thru customs in San Diego. Easily my favorite embark/disembark port.

Archived