Seattle Marriott Waterfront - any way to get discounts?

CaboCruise

I'm planning on staying at the Seattle Marriott Waterfront hotel for one night when I return from my cruise on the Pearl in August. I've been searching the net for rates and I can't seem to find any ways to get a discount off their normal rates. The rate always seems to be starting at about $289/night. I don't think they participate in Priceline or Hotwire either. Does anyone know any promotional codes or any way to get a discounted rate at this hotel? Thanks!

I'm planning on staying at the Seattle Marriott Waterfront hotel for one night when I return from my cruise on the Pearl in August. I've been searching the net for rates and I can't seem to find any ways to get a discount off their normal rates. The rate always seems to be starting at about $289/night. I don't think they participate in Priceline or Hotwire either. Does anyone know any promotional codes or any way to get a discounted rate at this hotel? Thanks!

Only way that I know of is to belong to Marriott's frequent guest program, and/or to apply for one of their credit cards.

If you join their Rewards program, then you can access that site that might have special rates.

If you call their 800# and speak to reservations, they might have an unpublished special.

However, this is Seattle's prime season and discounts are hard to find. Just like Ft. Lauderdale & Miami in the winter.

Good luck, MaryAnn

Sometimes you can get an unpublished rate, although Marriott guarantees that you can always get the best rate directly from their website. Be sure to ask for the "best available rate." And check to see if you're eligible for any discounts (AAA, Senior, Military, Government). Also, check with your credit card company to see if you have points that can be converted to Marriott Cheques. They will help to ease the "pain."

Finally, you may find the Marriott Waterfront is a great place and is worth the money. We loved it (although I will admit we had an incredible bargain because we reserved before the hotel opened). We had an incredible view of Puget Sound - we were able to watch our ship (and others) right from our balcony. It's an easy walk from the cruise terminal and from Pike Place Market.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings. There is no such thing as an off season in Seattle any more. That has gone the way of the loony bird....long gone, bye bye. Seattle has turned into a year round tourist destination, particularly with our Pacific Rim ties. (I mean we have people flying in from Japan for 48 hours just to go to a Mariners game.....)

So the discounts are few and far between most of the year at the big chain, high end hotesl like the Marriott.

Since this hotel is directly across the street from Pier 66, it is almost always full during the summer...and that means outrageous prices. If you really want to stay there and they have a room available, bite the bullet and do it. You only live once! Heck, we are paying $369/night in July before we leave!

Since this hotel is directly across the street from Pier 66, it is almost always full during the summer...and that means outrageous prices. If you really want to stay there and they have a room available, bite the bullet and do it. You only live once! Heck, we are paying $369/night in July before we leave!

That's actually pretty average for downtown hotels this time of year. Rooms range from an average of $250-300 a night on up to upwards of $1000 at the truly high-high end ones.

We usually stay at the Sheraton or the Mayflower when we are in Seattle. They don't charge as much as the Marriott Waterfront, but heck, it is the beginning of our cruise, across the street from Elliot Bay, we have conceirge level and is super close to Pikes Place Market. After spending $8000 for the cruise (we have two cabins), whats another $350!:D

We usually stay at the Sheraton or the Mayflower when we are in Seattle. They don't charge as much as the Marriott Waterfront, but heck, it is the beginning of our cruise, across the street from Elliot Bay, we have conceirge level and is super close to Pikes Place Market. After spending $8000 for the cruise (we have two cabins), whats another $350!:D

True dat.

Archived