How many wine bottle can we bring aboard?

I have seen many reports of people bringing many bottles, even a case. One poster did say there was a limit. but in two years on these boards, I have seen the limit posted only once.

And, even though you did not ask -

You will have to pay $15us corkage fee for each 750ml bottle that you bring aboard. double that for large bottles, etc. Sometimes they do not charge extra for large bottles. Sometimes they do not catch the wine and you do not have to pay.

It does not matter if you take it to your room, the dining room or dump it overboard. The charge is the same.

I have seen many reports of people bringing many bottles, even a case. One poster did say there was a limit. but in two years on these boards, I have seen the limit posted only once.

You will have to pay $15us corkage fee for each 750ml bottle that you bring aboard. double that for large bottles, etc. Sometimes they do not charge extra for large bottles. Sometimes they do not catch the wine and you do not have to pay.

It does not matter if you take it to your room, the dining room or dump it overboard. The charge is the same.

hmm the corking fee sucks, I have cruised carnival and didn't have to pay it...was hoping it'd be the same

hmm the corking fee sucks, I have cruised carnival and didn't have to pay it...was hoping it'd be the same

I am going to try to take a boxed wine on this Sunday. From what I understand people don't get caught with those. I'll let you know how it works.

I am going to try to take a boxed wine on this Sunday. From what I understand people don't get caught with those. I'll let you know how it works.

Thank you, I will wait for your comments about your experience.

Have a nice cruise

Is it ok to bring champagne (and pay the cork fee) or do they only permit wine?

I was told by NCL that it's fine to bring any wine or champagne that is not on their wine list. I've seen the wine list online before....just google NCL Wine list 2007...you should find some results. I'm not sure if you can find the 2008 list or not...I've not been able to, but that should give you a really good idea of whats on board.

LOL GaryCarla.. You really covered it all!! WTG! In response to the boxed wine, you shouldn't have any problem with that.

I was told by NCL that it's fine to bring any wine or champagne that is not on their wine list. I've seen the wine list online before....just google NCL Wine list 2007...you should find some results. I'm not sure if you can find the 2008 list or not...I've not been able to, but that should give you a really good idea of whats on board.

Thank you I will try to find the list

Honestly, they don't check your wine type. I wouldn't be concerned about that.

When we boarded the Spirit, I had two bottles of wine in a wine holder. No one cared, I didn;t try to hide it, in fact I would have preferred to pay ahead of time and have a sticker put on the bottle. But no one cared.

We had a bottle of wine in our room, which was a gift so no corkage fee, we took another bottle to the Garden Room, where we were promptly charged the corkage fee. We brought the other bottle back home with us.

I brought 3 bottles on my last cruise and paid for the corkage fee. I hope I can bring at least 5 on my next (13-night) cruise. 3 bottles were just perfect for the 7-night since I was with a friend of mine, we had 1/2 a bottle almost every night and they kept the rest for the following day.

Actually you are allowed to bring any wine on board but you have to pay the corkage fee for any wine (or champagne) that you bring on board, whether it is one their list or not.

Let's also clear something else up... there have been countless threads on bringing wine on board NCL ships. Some have been able to get it on board and not been charged while others have been stopped and charged and still others have had it in their checked luggage and been called to the "naughty room" (as we lovingly refer to it) to have their luggage searched and then pay the fee if they find any. Many have said that NCL is much more intense in their searches and charging. Some have willingly announced that they had the wine at embarkation and simply paid the fee to avoid a hassle or ugly situation. People have had both boxed and bottled wine found so boxed wines are not always free passes.

Many people have came on here and bragged or told how they snuck their spirits on board. Then a few weeks later someone else reports that they tried the same trick and were stopped. (guess what.... NCL does read these boards....)

The bottom line is that there is no sure way to guarantee that you will get your wine through without being caught. If you try and are caught, simply be willing to pay the fee and not make a big deal about it.

To add to that, please remember, that if you are not a wine snob and you buy wine for around $10 or so at WalMart (like me:p ), NCL has pretty decent bottles for around $25 per bottle. Yes, you'll pay a few dollars in tip, but it could save you some back pain from carrying it on!

A.

When we boarded the Spirit, I had two bottles of wine in a wine holder. No one cared, I didn;t try to hide it, in fact I would have preferred to pay ahead of time and have a sticker put on the bottle. But no one cared.

We had a bottle of wine in our room, which was a gift so no corkage fee, we took another bottle to the Garden Room, where we were promptly charged the corkage fee. We brought the other bottle back home with us.

We carried one bottle of wine and one bottle of champagne on...didnt have to pay a fee. We drank them both in our cabin.

To add to that, please remember, that if you are not a wine snob and you buy wine for around $10 or so at WalMart (like me:p ), NCL has pretty decent bottles for around $25 per bottle. Yes, you'll pay a few dollars in tip, but it could save you some back pain from carrying it on!

A.

I agree. Especially with all of the fees the airlines are piling on it really doesn't make sense to bring < 10$ wine onboard.

How many wine bottle can we bring aboard?

Thank

I brought a case onboard and they didn't say anything other than apologizing for having to charge me $180. I didn't mind though as the same type of wine would have cost me $100/bottle on ship.

I brought 3 bottles of great wine in my backpack. Blue lights flashed as it went through security and I paid the $15 fee per bottle. Well worth it because I would have paid twice as much from NCL. I could take the bottle to the resturant and have them hold it for the next evening.

Also, with the romance/anniversary package, I did not want the sparkling wine so they said to take it to the resturant and they would trade it for wine....good deal.

Archived