Has anyone purchased beer or coke in a grocery store in Tahiti?

packed-n-ready

• 1 month later...

I can't give you a current price, we were there in 92 and everything is very expensive since it has to be shipped it. Hinano, which is the local beer was horrible, horrible, horrible. They don't let it ferment long enough to give it a mellow flavor, so it has it has a bitter taste. While I'm no beer expert, I like a good dark beer or a Corona on occasion.

We were there last month and I wish I could remember exactly the price for you, but I can't. I do remember we said 'to heck with it' and just purchased a coke card and a 6 pack of beer for our frig from the ship. It was much less expensive that way. Remember, the exchange rate is about 91 cents on the U.S. dollar and even when it was higher, everything is at a premuim in Tahiti and her islands.

Hi!

We were there last week and what we did was shop in the market, much cheaper. We were going to buy a soda where we were shopping, but the guide we hired for the day took us to a market and it was much cheaper. Sorry I can't remember exactly the price, but much cheaper. If you want to hire an English speaking guide with and air conditioned mini van his name was Carl, telephone number 77 13 69 and his e-mail address is carls.cab@mail.pf, I can't say enough about him. He was great! He was $45.00/person. We were with him from about 9:30 to 4:00. Enjoy....it was the best cruise so far, and we have taken 20 cruises.

Archived