Sun

Hey everyone. I am so excited. DH and I just booked the Sun for South America in March.

We have an aft balcony...sandwiched between some nice looking suites.:o

Does anyone have any pictures of the aft balcony rooms..cat bd? Are the balconies bigger than normal? Do the balconies above look down in to yours..We are on Fjord deck. Do we look down to balconies below us? Will we have cover?

On our Princess cruise the ship had balconies that were wide open with no cover. I like sitting outside even if the weather is bad and an open balcony is not condusive to this.

This is also our first NCL cruise. Any tips?

We stayed in one of the suites next to the BD-- the balcony has an overhang so you could sit in the rain if you want--you

really have to make an effort to see down to the balcony below--like bending way over on the rail.

Big Green

I am sailing on the SUn 2/15/09 on Fjord in one of the Aft PH Suites (#9076). So I am interested in any of your replies as well.

When is your sailing? I might have time to get info to you (including pictures) when I return.

From what I have researched, the aft cabins with balconies and verandahs are great for this trip. I understand the forward balconies and verandahs are VERY windy (this includes the Owner's Suites and Romance Suites), so I am glad about my choice.

We are sailing on February 1, 2009 to SA so I will be able to tell you about it when we return. We are in 9277. :) Our TA suggested we try the Aft Balcony. We can hardly wait.

We are sailing on February 1, 2009 to SA so I will be able to tell you about it when we return. We are in 9277. :) Our TA suggested we try the Aft Balcony. We can hardly wait.

Howdy neighbor - I was in 9278 (mini-suite) in April. You will LOVE the location! It was very quiet and the view is to die for. I sure miss listening to and looking at the wake every night, the gentle rocking...soooo relaxing.

To the OP - there was a very small overhang on my balcony and you'd be hard pressed to stay dry if it was raining. You'd probably have to stand against the window. I was very lucky because the weather was perfect during my Western Caribbean cruise and I spent meny many happy hours out there. I had a light on my balcony that provided enough light to read after the sun set. I'm not sure if all balconys have lights, but it seems logical they would.

Happy sailing!

Diane

I am sailing on the SUn 2/15/09 on Fjord in one of the Aft PH Suites (#9076). So I am interested in any of your replies as well.

When is your sailing? I might have time to get info to you (including pictures) when I return.

From what I have researched, the aft cabins with balconies and verandahs are great for this trip. I understand the forward balconies and verandahs are VERY windy (this includes the Owner's Suites and Romance Suites), so I am glad about my choice.

Donna...I am in the Dallas area. We sail March 15. Maybe when you get back we can get together so I can see your pictures and ask tons of questions?????

Donna...I am in the Dallas area. We sail March 15. Maybe when you get back we can get together so I can see your pictures and ask tons of questions?????

Cindy - I live in Plano.:) See my post above about aft cabin 9278. It's on the deck above your's.

Diane

Cindy - I live in Plano.:) See my post above about aft cabin 9278. It's on the deck above your's.

Diane

Hey Diane...too funny..we live in Murphy, well ok not actually..we live in Sachse with the street behind us in Murphy!

Could you look down to the deck below you? Did you happen to notice if the BD next to you had a larger balcony than normal?

Hey Diane...too funny..we live in Murphy, well ok not actually..we live in Sachse with the street behind us in Murphy!

Could you look down to the deck below you? Did you happen to notice if the BD next to you had a larger balcony than normal?

Howdy (as we say in Texas) Cindy - I could not see the deck below me. I would have had to lean way over the rail to do that. Are you on the side of the ship or the stern? 9278 is in the middle of the stern so there's a slant that prevents you from being able to see the balconys below or above you. However, you can see people leaning against their rails above and below.

The "regular" balcony next to mine was smaller. I had 2 lounge chairs, 2 chairs and a tiny table. It was cramped with all of those out there but I was more than able to maneuver around them. You're going to love the Sun. She's a beautiful ship!

Diane

Howdy (as we say in Texas) Cindy - I could not see the deck below me. I would have had to lean way over the rail to do that. Are you on the side of the ship or the stern? 9278 is in the middle of the stern so there's a slant that prevents you from being able to see the balconys below or above you. However, you can see people leaning against their rails above and below.

The "regular" balcony next to mine was smaller. I had 2 lounge chairs, 2 chairs and a tiny table. It was cramped with all of those out there but I was more than able to maneuver around them. You're going to love the Sun. She's a beautiful ship!

Diane

Stern/Port...I have no idea..BUT..if you are in the hall facing the doors we will be the cabin to the left of yours. The smaller one. (small house on the block LOL) I chose this deck because there are cabins above and below so noise may not be such a factor.

Let me ask you this...is formal wear required on NCL? Since we are going to SA...I want to pack as light as possible and we have to take layers since weather may be a factor. Plus..formal nights are really not my thing. How is freestyle dining? How many of the rest. charge? Sorry..my list can go on and on...

Stern/Port...I have no idea..BUT..if you are in the hall facing the doors we will be the cabin to the left of yours. The smaller one. (small house on the block LOL) I chose this deck because there are cabins above and below so noise may not be such a factor.

Let me ask you this...is formal wear required on NCL? Since we are going to SA...I want to pack as light as possible and we have to take layers since weather may be a factor. Plus..formal nights are really not my thing. How is freestyle dining? How many of the rest. charge? Sorry..my list can go on and on...

Some people dressed up but most wore resort casual in the evenings. I really wouldn't worry about bringing fancy attire! Capris, sun dresses, even "long" shorts are acceptable. Like I said, resort casual will make you feel comfortable in any dining room. Don't fret about it! I saw people in scrappy t-shirts and ratty shorts in the buffet. So, if you feel like roughing it, go for it. I way over packed and wore mostly shorts and capris with decent t-shirt type tops. Jeans are even acceptable in one of the main dining rooms every night.

Archived