wireless internet access

You use your lap top OR use theirs. two separate plans, if you buy one, you can't log on to the other with the same user name/password, you will have to buy an additional package. I thought this is ridiculous. On Carnival you buy one plan and can use it either on your own machine or theirs. Not on Royal.

Anyway-cabins do not have internet service. There are hot spots throughout the ships. Some better then others and it is slow when it does work. You must have a wireless G card. Verizon air cards do not work.

Package prices go down per minute with the more minutes you purchase in advance.

If you use your sea card to purchase minutes as needed it's expensive so you are better off buying a small plan then no plan.

Here is a link to the packages I was offered on Vision of the Seas. http://image69.webshots.com/469/2/21/44/2383221440080326148YNAidt_fs.jpg

All you have to do is open up your browser on your laptop and follow the instructions. It just takes a few seconds.

I'm not sure what people are talking about not being able to use the same account for both the shp board computers or your laptop. On the Freedom, I only had to set up the account once for use on either the computers on the ship, or my laptop.

I'm not sure what people are talking about either. We were on Liberty a couple weeks ago and I only set up one account and was able to use my laptop in our room and the computers on deck 8. No problems with service either. It is a really simple process.

Same here, used both from one account on the Serenade.

One thing - we used a lot of minutes (no choice, business). We also bought several max packages - $55 worth at 37 cents a minutes. At one point RCI had charged our Sea Pass an extra $170. So keep track of what you buy/use and check your Sea Pass account carefully.

All you have to do is open up your browser on your laptop and follow the instructions. It just takes a few seconds.

I'm not sure what people are talking about not being able to use the same account for both the shp board computers or your laptop. On the Freedom, I only had to set up the account once for use on either the computers on the ship, or my laptop.

When I was on VISION in April I purchased an hour block of time. they gave me a user name and password to use on my laptop. One morning my husband put my laptop away and I wanted to check my mail so I used their pc. It would not take my user name and password. Concierge desk told me I had to get another pre-paid block of time for use on their machines even though I had plenty of time left on my account. She said they were NOT interchangeble. So i used my sea pass for the few minutes I needed but I was annoyed because it was @ 2.49 per minute instead of the .55 per minute I was paying on my pre-paid time.

Archived