Would you think me weird if I did this at dinner?

lovebug33

Hi All!

Just back from B2B Hawaii/Alaska cruise - just incredible - but my biggest regret was NOT taking my camera to Dinner. On at least 3 occasions the dining room came alive with the conga which we wound our way right thru the dining room and then on our last night our waiters sang a mix of "Leaving on a Jet Plane" and "I Hope You Had The Time Of Your Life". Just wonderful - but missed the opportunity of capturing this on film. "I probably couldn't take the pic with the singing as I was crying so much":D

Also don't forget to get pic of EVERYWHERE on the ship. Its too late when you leave that gangway!! Have a great time and take heaps of photo's.

janette

I love taking pictures. On our last cruise, it was just the two of us (Princess anytime dining) and I took a picture of just about everything we ate. DH thinks I'm crazy (although, he did have to take a picture of his pork chop one night). Now, I am assuming we'll be eating with more people on this cruise since it's assigned seating. Would you find it weird if I was at your table and taking pictures of the food?

No.... because we would probably be taking pictures along with you. We like to document the trip, but do not take a picture of every thing we eat... but understand some folks like to.

We just like to take pictures around the table of ourselves and out table mates.

Definitely not weird, my friends and I take pictures of anything and everything. We didn't just limit ourselves to food pictures on the ship, we took pictures of the food we ate in port. The only picture that got strange comments was when we asked the debarkation manager to take our picture of us standing in front of the Victory as it sailed away without us...after being kicked off the ship (really, really long story, it was a misunderstanding, and all worked out in the end). The nice thing about being on a cruise is everyone is a tourist...everyone has that gleeful look in their eyes of vacation bliss. You're going to be in good picture-takin' company:cool:

Now THAT'S a story I'd love to hear! :eek:

I have always made an effort to go to the Grand Buffet for the picture taking, but never considered taking pictures of my meals in the dining room. That is until our oldest ds decided he wanted to be a chef. He's always taking pictures of things he prepares here to add to his portfolio. The light bulb went on....why not take pictures in the dining room to give him some ideas?! (He has since joined the Marines...graduating from basic in a few weeks...hopefully, he will pursue his dream of cooking at some point in the future). I will be bringing my camera to the dining room on our upcoming adventure. I have loved seeing the postings here with food photos & look forward to having some of my own to share.

Towanda

I have always made an effort to go to the Grand Buffet for the picture taking, but never considered taking pictures of my meals in the dining room. That is until our oldest ds decided he wanted to be a chef. He's always taking pictures of things he prepares here to add to his portfolio. The light bulb went on....why not take pictures in the dining room to give him some ideas?! (He has since joined the Marines...graduating from basic in a few weeks...hopefully, he will pursue his dream of cooking at some point in the future). I will be bringing my camera to the dining room on our upcoming adventure. I have loved seeing the postings here with food photos & look forward to having some of my own to share.

Towanda

Snap away.. At the food that is.. You never know, one of your table mates might be some world famous outlaw that is being sought by international authorities..;)

Enjoy your trip aboard the Triumph, we sailed her in late June 06..

I have not yet taken pictures of the food I will consume, but I plan on doing it the next cruise!!!! I see the pics others take and think I should that too!!!

I took 500 pictures in February on the Conquest. I'll be on the Liberry in September and the disco is pretty funky on that ship, so I'll have lots of pics to take in there. I want to get more pics from Half Moon Cay as I didn't take as many when I was there last year. I also have to find the giant flip flip at Grand Turk's Margaritaville!!!!

700!!! Damn, I thought my 200 was too many. I am glad that I won't be looked as strange. I got the perfect picture of the look of disgust on DH's face as he ate escargot last time and I would sure hate to miss out on another priceless moment like that this time!

My sister took 1400+ on her Hawaiian cruise -

I have a very good friend who commerates all of her vacations through pictures of every meal she eats. When her family wanted to take a cruise and she was going through the pros and cons, I reminded her that a cruise is an excellent venue in which to take food pics. That got her really excited! Since I will have my camera with me at all times, I will probably take pictures of the more artisticly arranged dishes for posterity.

Hey lovebug33....I wouldn't think you're weird at all...as a matter of fact I'd thank you for getting your camera out first:D I didn't take any pictures of our food on either cruises cause I was too worried about what people would think.....OMG...next cruise I'm whipping that baby out and shooting away!!!! I took over 700 pictures last cruise so it looks like I'll be setting a new record in Oct:)

Hey Wags67~

Maybe we could have some sort of most picture contest! I love digital... my recent cruise, Victory, I took over 700. Now I have a new goal... FOOD PICTURES and lots of them! Can't believe I never thought of that. Did take pics of treats delivered to cabin, but that doesn't really count.

Happy cruising... :cool:

I have tons and tons of Carnival food pictures. I started taking them after my Disney trip where we had free dining. I wanted to write a review on all the restaurants so I took lots and lots of pictures.

I've always gotten good natured people at my table who offer their plates for pictures too :D

Archived