Twas the night before cruising

the pook

...and here I am checking things thrice that I have everything!

We fly to Seattle tomorrow for our first ever cruise and we're going to Alaska on the NCL Pearl on Sunday 1 June. Help me make sure I have everything! In my hand luggage I have:-

• Passports for DH and myself
  • My green card (I'm a permanent resident of the USA)
  • My drivers license
  • My birth certificate
  • My library card... ok only kidding about this one
  • Cruise tickets printed via edocs
  • Cruise baggage tags
  • Printed out copies of advanced guest registration forms for DH and I
  • Cruise itinerary printed via edocs
  • Hotel voucher
  • Flight tickets to pick up at airport
  • DH has his drivers license
  • DH birth certificate, certified

Have I missed anything important?? I consider myself a seasoned air traveller and I swear no trip has made me half as stressed as this cruise. It seems like I hear from everywhere, my travel agent, the NCL site, friends to not forget this, to make sure you do that etc. etc. Airlines don't make this much of a fuss! NCL is going to drive me to drink....well maybe when I get on board I might. Are cruise lines tighter on these things than airlines? It sure seems like they are to me!

If it looks like I've missed anything, please let me know. I'm off to bed now, I'll check back in the morning when hopefully the terror of last minute packing will have subsided and I'll be thinking more clearly :D .

Oh I just thought of a question, ok this might sound really stupid but it's almost midnight so bugger it. These cruise baggage tags, they are only to be used for the ship right? Not for the plane?

Enquiring minds!

Thanks and goodnight.

Have fun!! And yes, the baggage tags are only for the cruise. We put ours on at the hotel in Seattle.

You definitely sound prepared. It will be much much easier than you think it will be. Our first trip was Alaska on the Pearl as well. I remember reading here & wondering just what I'd gotten us into. We arrived at the port and 45 minutes later I was thinking "wow, that was it??" :)

Hopefully by now you've landed in Seattle...

You seem overprepared, to me, but then I've not flown Internationally, yet.

Hope you have great weather! Have a lovely cruise (brilliant, smashing)... :p

...and here I am checking things thrice that I have everything!

We fly to Seattle tomorrow for our first ever cruise and we're going to Alaska on the NCL Pearl on Sunday 1 June. Help me make sure I have everything! In my hand luggage I have:-

• Passports for DH and myself
  • My green card (I'm a permanent resident of the USA)
  • My drivers license
  • My birth certificate
  • My library card... ok only kidding about this one
  • Cruise tickets printed via edocs
  • Cruise baggage tags
  • Printed out copies of advanced guest registration forms for DH and I
  • Cruise itinerary printed via edocs
  • Hotel voucher
  • Flight tickets to pick up at airport
  • DH has his drivers license
  • DH birth certificate, certified

Have I missed anything important?? I consider myself a seasoned air traveller and I swear no trip has made me half as stressed as this cruise. It seems like I hear from everywhere, my travel agent, the NCL site, friends to not forget this, to make sure you do that etc. etc. Airlines don't make this much of a fuss! NCL is going to drive me to drink....well maybe when I get on board I might. Are cruise lines tighter on these things than airlines? It sure seems like they are to me!

If it looks like I've missed anything, please let me know. I'm off to bed now, I'll check back in the morning when hopefully the terror of last minute packing will have subsided and I'll be thinking more clearly :D .

Oh I just thought of a question, ok this might sound really stupid but it's almost midnight so bugger it. These cruise baggage tags, they are only to be used for the ship right? Not for the plane?

Enquiring minds!

Thanks and goodnight.

I think passports should be sufficient - maybe you're just taking along extra identification just in case? Have fun!

Laurie

Just wondering, when traveling I only take the passport and leave the birth certificate at home.

Is there a need for the ceritificate, after all, you have to have the certificate to get the passport.

What does everyone else do?

Just wondering, when traveling I only take the passport and leave the birth certificate at home.

Is there a need for the ceritificate, after all, you have to have the certificate to get the passport.

What does everyone else do?

Passport and drivers license only..

(Well first born male child at times...:D )

Really though, just your PP and DL..

Credit cards, cash etc etc....

I take the driver's license and passport. The passport stays in the safe unless needed for customs. Usually you just need your shipboard card to reenter from ports, but I always have my DL on me when not on the ship - you may need it for ID purposes or to rent a car, etc

Archived