Review: ABC Limo Service

LegalCat

Hi from Hawaii!

We arrived yesterday. I booked a lei greeting and limo trans from http://www.abclimosvc.com/.

You save 5% if you pay cash instead of paying by credit card on the website. (which basically covers the 4.5% tax) I booked it only a few days before the cruise. I filled out the reservation form and the next morning I got an email back confirming. Our trip was $77 one way, airport to waikiki hotel with 2 leis, one gift and beverages.

Our flight was about an hour late getting in but Melvin Kim from ABC Limo was still there. I guess he had checked on the flight because he said he had only been there a few minutes.

He met us as we exited the gate area in the walkway approaching the baggage claim. He gave us two really nice leis. (I will add a picture later, dont want to take one now while hubby is sleeping lol)...

He also had a luggage cart ready for us. He was professional but not over friendly. I got the impression he was in a hurry and seemed a bit frustrated or annoyed. I'm sure the fact that the flight was so late was messing up his day.

The luggage took another 15 minutes to come out, while we were waiting Melvin said that he had to go get the limo because he couldnt leave it unattended for so long, so he told us to get the bags, then cross to the center medium directly outside and he would pull up the limo.

The limo was nice, very clean, seats maybe 6-8? He loaded the luggage for us and off we went. The trip also included your choice of a bag of coffee, a box of chocolates or something else...We chose the box of chocolates... the trip also included beverages.. which turned out to be 1 can of coke and 1 small bottle of water, both which were room temperature. I put them in my bag and saved them for later.

All in all the trip was fine. It was nice not to have to worry about finding a taxi once we got there and the leis were beautiful. We grow a lot of orchids at home and love them. Having a limo was a nice start to our honeymoon :)

The ride to the hotel took about 20 minutes (there was some traffic as it was right around rush hour time)... Melvin was pretty quiet but did answer any questions we asked about the area, etc.

The leis were great and the transportation was reliable, I would recommend him. I assume he would be a lot more talkative on a city tour etc...

We used ABC for all of our transportation: from airport to hotel, from hotel to Pearl Harbor, from Pearl Harbor back to get our luggage and on to the ship, and after the cruise for the 6 hour tour of Oahu. We found them to be reliable and professional. Melvin was pleasantly informative during the 6 hour tour, but he didn't keep up a constant narrative, which suited us just fine. We got to see a lot more than we would have than if we had tried to drive ourselves or taken a tour bus. He drove us right up to the spots we wanted to see and let us spend as long or as little of time as we wanted. If we needed a bathroom stop, he found us one. Although we had to be back at the airport by a certain time, we felt this way of touring was fairly flexible.

Archived