Question about Pride of America

beachnut41955

My friend and I are booked on the Pride of America the end of March 2009. My question is to those of you who have made this trip. We are wanting to do the Road To Hana Excursion which is 8.5 hours. If we do this excursion will it get us back in time to do the Luau that evening in Maui which is through the ship? Thank you all for your responses in advance. I am so very excited as Hawaii has always been my dream and I have never been before.

We are sailing in August so I can't say just yet but according to the NCL excursions link the Luau thru the crusie is now in Kuai not Maui--it used to be Maui but they recently changed it. You may want to check your options thru NCL. Personally, we are doing the Luau on our own--the Luau thru the cruiseline is indoors. Hearing that kinda ruined it for me. But it's all personal opinion.

We went to the luau on Kauai in April, it was a wonderful show and well organized. There is a roof, but the sides are open. We will be going to this one again if we can make another cruise. Definately a highlight to our trip.

We were very thankful that the Kauai luau was in a covered pavillion, because it was pouring when we got there. I think it did stop raining later in the evening, but this way the weather didn't ruin anything.

NCL will be able to tell you for sure if you can do both but I will say, having driven the RTH ourselves, not taking a full 8 hours to do it, we were pretty wiped out by the end. It was a challenge to get dressed and go downstairs for dinner. We were very glad we didn't have anything else scheduled that night. Also, because we were booked on a day excursion the same day, we ended up cancelling the NCL luau (Luau Kalamaku in Kaua'i) and booking a luau on our own back on Oahu. It was wonderful - no regrets there! Whatever you do, just make sure you'll be able to keep your eyes open for the show!

Archived