Going Back to Oahu for ...

Tatertot

A WEDDING!! Yes, we've only been back about 60 days from our PofAm cruise but the next trip is already being planned. My niece who went on the trip with us just got engaged and wants to go back to Oahu for a "destination wedding." I know this is a cruise site but thought I'd ask a few questions. Ya'll were so helpful with the cruise planning for this bunch of land-locked Okies :D .

The options are endless we have discovered but one she likes is the Ko Olina Wedding Chapel and then maybe the reception at the Paradise Cove luau. There will only be 20 or 30 of us. I think we have figured out you can only use that chapel if you go thru Watabe wedding planners. Anyone have any experience with them?

Other options or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Still exploring all the options from locations to planners. She's looking at June or July of 2009 right before hubby-to-be starts dental school!

The bride-to-be's brother was the one involved in the car accident right after we returned from our cruise and is still paralyzed but making progress (thanks to all of you for thoughts and prayers). Wedding planning is a good diversion for all the family. Thanks in advance.

Hilton HV has a beautiful wedding chapel on their grounds. On my last visit we observed a catered a wedding with Hawaiian music and dancers food and drinks. Stay at one of the condo units at their newly built time share and you won't have to travel all the way to the coast and back for the luau at Paradise Cove. Their site may have photos of the chapel or call and I'm sure they would download them. On our last visit a lady sitting next to my wife in the plane was in charge of of catered arrangements and I'm sure she would help you. Don't have her name handy. On my 1st visit we did Paradise Cove and I was not happy with the quality of food.

John L.

DH and I are renewing our vows on Oahu for our 20th. We are using Sweet Hawaiian Weddings. We're going to Lanikai for the renewal with a dinner at HHV after (where we're staying).

I've been to HHV twice and never knew about the chapel.

Have fun!

Archived