Ship at Sea Days

GAMOM4

I love the sea days.

Far as I am concerned I am happy never setting foot off the ship to deal with the high pressure sales natives and the local riff-raff, not to mention the overpriced rip off excursions.

The only exception is to snorkel on my own. Hey! I wish the cruise lines offered onboard snorkeling. Why not? They have a rock wall and a surfing pool.

:cool:

I'm torn. I love exploring the different ports of call, but love the sea days for total relaxation. Two sea days in a row are my favorite. Last cruise was the Southern Caribbean route on Destiny. No sea days! We were exhausted and needed a vacation when we came back. Next cruise looks like a better blend.

Probably won't even get off the ship in Nassau in October, just to give myself one more "sea" day (even if it's not really, it will be to me!) ;)

My best friend and I just yesterday booked a short girls cruise. We have discussed getting off in Nassau to say been there done that and then get back on the ship for drinks, spa services and the like. We want it to be a cruise of pure relaxation...no kids, husbands, jobs or worries. Sea days (however you make them happen) are absolutely great for this! Also, I have said doing a back to back would be great for this. Do the itenerary on the first leg and all "sea days" on the second.

I didn''t think I would like sea days. Cruising from the Northeast we usually get a few of them... Anyway I LOVE them now. It's litterally the only way I relax! Otherwise I'm always connected to work. At asea (even though I know I can connect I refuse to know that I can and RELAX!) Love hanging out by the pool, sipping a cocktail - visiting the spa for a great massage!. My better half and I usually have our best conversations when we are both totally relaxed!

Otherwise when we vacation - I can never relax - I must always be on the go! Can't wait for September!!!! Grrrr we need to be rich! LOL

I didn''t think I would like sea days. Cruising from the Northeast we usually get a few of them... Anyway I LOVE them now. It's litterally the only way I relax! Otherwise I'm always connected to work. At asea (even though I know I can connect I refuse to know that I can and RELAX!) Love hanging out by the pool, sipping a cocktail - visiting the spa for a great massage!. My better half and I usually have our best conversations when we are both totally relaxed!

Otherwise when we vacation - I can never relax - I must always be on the go! Can't wait for September!!!! Grrrr we need to be rich! LOL

You need to talk to my boyfriend. He can NEVER seem to relax. He's always on the go or wants to be on the go!

We love the sea days just to relax...we just booked the Spirit to Mexico and I can't wait for the 2 sea days down and 2 sea days back...I just noticed that the Carnival ships sailing from San Juan do not have ANY sea days, that's not for me....Dennis

I have never booked a cruise with more that 3 ports (because I love my sea days) but this one coming up has 4 ports and only 2 sea days, so I think maybe Belize might just be a stay on ship day to even it out.

Me too! Love the my sea days--pure relaxation. Going on the Legend in November and worried about being pooped from too many ports--we'll probably cut the port time short in Grand Caymen and maybe Belize.

You need to talk to my boyfriend. He can NEVER seem to relax. He's always on the go or wants to be on the go!

Book a cruise with sea days - he will have no choice. I honestly thought I would be bored or think about what is backing up at work - ya know what? When you have NO CHOICE you actually do learn to relax! :D

Our other vacations are always to your neck of the woods - we also love WDW! We could spend 11 nights / days there and never leave property LOL. That's a vacation I NEVER relax on!

That's exactly how I am as well. Normally a night-owl, on my vacations I have the magical ability to wake up real early and still go into the wee hours... and wake up early and go the next day again... for my whole trip! It drives my husband crazy at times, I think.

Our other vacations are always to your neck of the woods - we also love WDW! We could soend 11 nights / days there and never leave property LOL. That's a vacation I NEVER relax on!

My normal trip is a week in Orlando instead of the honeymoon cruise we took this year... go go go! Love it! I am still trying to readjust to the nothingness that is life in Wisconsin. :mad:

I would LOVE to have a 4 or 5 day cruise to no where - like someone else said - figure eights in the ocean would be fine with me. I'm just not into the excursion thing - we did go to the Blue Lagoon - when it was still open - we loved it at Nassau the 1st year we cruised - it reminded me of Gilligan's Island - but we were ready to get back on the boat - I'm not into all of the people trying to sell you all kinds of stuff - it was nice to go into Senor Frogs take a few pictures and say "been there, done that". Walked through Hard Rock Cafe. But 3 times in Nassau and that is enough for me - if we ever go back I'm staying on the ship. Freeport - we never went past the couple of buildings right at the port - we didn't go into town or anything - I really had no desire to ride in a taxi and see more of the same. Like I said I really liked Key West - just didn't have nearly enough time there! I even priced plane tickets to fly down there - but I only thing I would want to be there for about 1 entire day maybe 1 1/2. I'm so glad that all of you answered this question though - because I wondered if I was the only one that preferred just doing nothing and enjoying it!!!!!!:)

I used to LOVE sea days. But, now I find the ship to crowded. I now LOVE port intense cruises as most of the people get of the ship and I have it almost to myself;) Seems lately more people are catching on:eek:

I love sea days! When I first started looking at cruises I thought more ports meant a better cruise. Our last cruise we had 5 ports granted it was an 8 day cruise but I really missed those sea days. It's nice when the first and last days are sea days since they are so relaxing. :) I too could go on a cruise to nowhere and be totally happy as well.

I love sea days! When I first started looking at cruises I thought more ports meant a better cruise. Our last cruise we had 5 ports granted it was an 8 day cruise but I really missed those sea days. It's nice when the first and last days are sea days since they are so relaxing. :) I too could go on a cruise to nowhere and be totally happy as well.

:cool: :cool:Our very first cruise was cruise to no where. We were on the Destiny (should have been our first clue). We set sail first day, second day was Captains dinner, all dressed up. we were in one of the lounges and the waitress spilt a tray of drinks on my daughter and husband. I took her back to the cabin to change and she was inconsolable. I told her things could be worse, she asked what could be worse. I said "the ship could break down (wrong thing to say) Over night things got real quiet, all day we floated - during the day tried to repair with many false starts. The next morning I hauled ass out of our cabin and went up on the Lido for a coffee. I noticed our wake was very arched and I said to people that we were pulling a uturn and going back to Florida, they all said no way until 20 mins later an announcement came on that we were going back to port as the propulsion unit was only working half power and we would never make our ports of call. I sheepishly went back to the cabin - my daughter pointed her finger at me and said never to speak again. The long and short of this is - we sailed for 2 days, floated for 2 days, sailed back for 2 days, all in 80 degree sunny calm weather. We were able to stay on the ship when docked until acutual debarkment time. We got free booze, free calls anywhere in the world for as long as we wanted, free excursions to Everglades, shuttles to Bay Side Mall ever half hour, fantastic entertaiment flown in from Atlantic City. We got the cruise totally refunded, air, hotels before and after cruise and another cruise at half price. I figured it totally rocked and was the best cruise I was ever on. To this day we still talk about it.:cool:

My boys and I have only been on one cruise, and it had more sea days than port days. They loved the sea days, and I ended up with motion sickness, and was ready to be on land by day 5. The port days were at the beginning, so the last 2 days were sea days, and I was miserable. :( When I was looking at our upcoming cruise, I wanted the one with 4 port days and 2 sea days, but my boys wanted more sea days. They won, so wish me luck on this one! :) On the last cruise we were at the back of the ship - for the next one, we are in the center, so I am hopeful it will be better.

I was just wondering am I one of the only ones that like the ship at sea days much more than being in any port? I read alot about how much people like the ports and excursions - but other than Key West - which I wish we could have stayed longer at - but I sure don't want to drive down there and pay for a room (that cost more than a cruise!) I really prefer just being out to sea. What about you?

Dont know yet lol Will let you know after we have take our first ever cruise in September. Which just happens to be B2B :D

Cant wait.....have done everything except pack :)

Col & Sue

I agree with you. We took a 14-day Panama Canal cruise that only made 4 port stops. I thought we would get cabin fever, but we loved it. We had a large CC group that had a lot of time to visit and do things together. It was great, and I agree that the sea days towards the end of the cruise are great to rest up from the hectic pace of hitting the ports and trying to do as much as possible (and then coming back to the ship and staying up half the night to enjoy things on the ship). I hate to go back to work without having a few sea says to rest up from my vacation!

I love the activities and the relaxation of sea days. But I have found that I actually love port days more... I am not a port person, so I am usually off and back on the ship in just two or three hours.

Then I get to spend the rest of the day enjoying an empty ship. We get to swim in uncrowded pools, and use the slide without waiting n long lines, and eat without long lines, and hopeless searches for a table.

The Little Woman and I have always enjoyed every minute of our days at sea . . . we both love photography and have taken some spectacular images during that time; not to mention we both indulge in yummy boat drinks, noshing poolside, power napping, and late night shows. Nope, they're definately not a waste of time!!

love sea days. we have done 3 transatlantics in a row 05, 06, 07 and we are doing the freedom from rome in Nov. TEN sea days!!!!!!!!! by the way, the prices are about 60% of regular europe prices and on one we sailed with 1700 pax so there were no lines for food, shows, or getting off in the ports we did stop at.

Archived