Ship at Sea Days

GAMOM4

I absolutely love land days and exploring a new country that I have not yet been to and sights that I might not see again...but I do wish everytime I cruise for more sea days as well. Maybe it's because I want my vacation to last as long as possible, but I always leave feeling that I didn't get to enjoy the ship as much as I would have liked. I'm the type of person where I like to experience it all at least once, but there is no time at all for that to happen on the sea days. Hmmm....I guess my only solution is to sail B2B so I can get it all done :D :D

I'm torn. I love exploring the different ports of call, but love the sea days for total relaxation. Two sea days in a row are my favorite. Last cruise was the Southern Caribbean route on Destiny. No sea days! We were exhausted and needed a vacation when we came back. Next cruise looks like a better blend.

But just think, except for the absence of motion-generated breezes, port days are some of the best "sea days" for those of us who stay on board. Maybe they could put a huge fan at one end of the pool deck.

Besides, can we not experience different cultures on the ship itself? On one of our cruises, the Maitre'D announced that there were over fifty nationalities represented on the restaurant staff alone. On sea days, they are not as rushed and actually have time for brief conversations. Most are willing to give you some little-known facts about their home country.

Can I have a big DUH? I meant to say on PORT days the staff are less rushed.

My ideal cruise would be equal days port and sea days. I like port days but they can be tiring and I like sea days because I can relax and do whatever I want without having to do anything at all. Even just laying by the pool and eating a hot dog makes me happy when I have the ocean to look at!

That and lots of time for napping.

It's cool visiting the ports, but I like the days at sea better. There are more activities and fun things to do on board than there are when the ships are at most ports.

I've never stayed on board during a port stop. I love sea days, I love the activities and games. The reason I don't turn port days into sea days is that there seems to be nothing going on according to the Capers.

I think what I enjoy about cruising is that there is a balance between port and sea days. I love them both! On port days, I love visiting places and doing things I wouldn't ordinarily get to do on vacation. On sea days, it's nice just to have some time to kick back and relax. Where else but cruising can you get the perfect mix of activity and laziness in a one week vacation?:p

For me it depends on my mood. I've taken cruises where I was all over the place and then I've done the cruise where I just sat out the read and watched the ocean. I would love the seven day transatlantic cruise too.

I really enjoy sea days, but so far have felt just as busy on board as in ports . Those Carnival Capers just had too many choices!! We're doing the RCCL Grandeur out of Norfolk in July & I am so looking forward to 2 sea days, 4 ports followed by 2 sea days...it should be relaxing!! Added bonus...driving to the port..a first for that too!!

Archived