20 and 30-somethings - your Transatlantic experiences?

jenscruise

I have done 3 T.A.s Two were long ones. I was with a group of friends which made them great. I was in my 30s for both and yes I was one of the younger ones. This was on HAL and Premier.. Both on the same ship.... The S.S. Rotterdam was sold to Premier and became the Rembrant. So I sort of had people to party with after most of the seniors went to bed. I think you would be fine because you are at least travleling with spouse.

My 3rd T.A. was only 6 days on QE2 and it was lively.... I was with my 10 year old and he was one of the youngest.

When my kid is done with school or moves out I am sure I will try a Carnival T.A.

Anyway it is very cool to be on a cruise that is long and crosses an ocean. I love sea days...

Tom in Long Beach

If you find it really boring, start working on having the baby:p

Now there's an idea! :D

Thanks everyone for your responses. I have thought about a Med cruise, but I've done Europe 4 times and wanted to do something a bit new different. Airfare isn't a concern for me, as I will fly free with SkyMiles.

Part of the draw of a TA is that I LOVE Sea Days, and you're hard-pressed to find more, short of a round-the-world.

Maybe I'll give it a try on the Dream once they announce that itinerary.

I'm not looking to "party hard" by any means, so it sounds like there's a nice balance of some things to do in the evenings and having plenty of space regarding the pool on sea days, etc.

Thanks again, everyone!

Archived