Monkey Head Drinks

bigred4770

I know this kind of question has been asked before but I need a little more information. I know that a Money Head is a drink served in a hallowed out coconut shell. Being that i am going on my first carnival cruise on the Glory on July 5th, what kinds of drinks can you get in it or is it a specific drink? If it is a specific drink, what is in it? What is the price of them? Thanks! I cant wait to try Carnival for the first time since I love seeing the differences in each major cruise line. Thanks to all that respond.

The monkey heads are carved out of lightweight wood... looks like a coconut though...:) On my cruise they were offered one day as the Drink of the day special...$14.95. Had a fruity punch drink in it in a SMALL cup. They are fun though and double as piggy banks when you get home!

I asked the bartender on our last cruise and he said he could put any drink I wanted in the Monkeyhead. They are very cute, but be forewarned when you turn it over you will find the Made In China sticker.

Enjoy

I too purchased one when we were on the Pride last November. And I too was surprised at to how SMALL the cup was on the inside. I doubt it held more than 1-1/2 cups of liquid. But my son loves the bank he now has in his bedroom. lol

• 4 weeks later...

Do the monkey heads hold less than the drink of the day glasses? Also, on our first cruise, it wasn't until the VERY LAST day at sea that we were told we should KEEP the glass and just get refills.

DOH!

Do the monkey heads hold less than the drink of the day glasses? Also, on our first cruise, it wasn't until the VERY LAST day at sea that we were told we should KEEP the glass and just get refills.

DOH!

Yes, they do hold less than the drink of the day. Unless you just want the monkey head for a souvenir, it is less expensive to go with the DOD, and you get more for your buck, drinkwise that is.;)

Archived