Are the beds comfy on the Sea Princess?

PhilUK73

This is very important because our bed at home is so comfy - we dont want to come back feeling wrecked due to a lumpy bed. Also what are the pillows like - itty bitty skinny ones or big fat sumptious ones?

Finally what sort of bedding is it cause I get mega hot?

As ever - thanks,

Karen (Phil's wife to be)

Hi Karen!

Slept this last week on the Sea Princess and feel really rested after a great cruise.

What makes a good bed is largely subjective but while this one did not quite match up to our memory foam at home, we were quite happy as it was wide (had it as a queen), firm and - in our opinion - very comfortable, quite the best we have slept on in 20 Princess cruises and far better than those we have experienced recently in UK hotels. The dreaded gap in the middle was nowhere to be seen … or felt … and the surface was smooth and lump-free.

The pillows looked plump but - while not exactly itty bitty skinny - were actually softer and a bit under stuffed (but then again, this suited us). The tucked-in bottom sheet (changed half way through the 7 day cruise) was probably better quality than our own as it had that un-shiny feel of good bedding, and it was matched by the removable cover of the thin but cosy duvet (also changed) which itself had been freshly laundered. (Didn’t like the sort-of-stripy cream colour much but you can’t see it in the dark anyway.) Unbelievably, our air con. was largely silent and very effective and we, who are poles apart in what we think constitutes a comfortable temperature, found it easy to strike a happy medium.

Now the new turkish towels are quite a different matter ………!

Ibrasu

Err - Karen dear, I doubt very much if sleeping is what Phil had in mind when he booked........

Should he succumb however, it is very comfortable. The pillows come in two sizes, thick and thin, you get one of each. Simply wait until Phil is busy and looking the other way, and swop pillows about for maximum convenience to you.

Worked for me.

The pillows thing that is. :(

Again a personal thing but we think that while they look good, the new towels are a bit like cardboard. However, you get pool towels too and they are much more to our taste, softer and more absorbent, so we always use those!

Promise you, you don't really have to fret about anything because if you're unhappy, a word in the right ear - usually your steward's - will almost invariably solve it for you ... and you won't even need to pinch Phil's pillows because if you fancy a bit of reclining, you can have as many more of your own as you wish!

Ibrasu

Now now happyscot that was you jumping to conclusions - I asked about comfort but never mentioned sleeping - I was simply enquiring to establish whether or not the bed was to our standard lol :)

Thanks Ibrasu - good tip about pool towels - are they a good size - nothing worse than a towel that doesnt meet rood my middle!!!:D

Ah, well, for meeting round the middle they provide you with nice towelling robes! If they or the pool towels, which have blue and white stripes, are not there when you board, a request on meeting your room steward will get them swiftly sorted out ... and in whatever quantity you fancy.

Honestly, I haven't slept on a bad bed on any of my cruises, especially the Princess cruises. I don't know if it's the salt air, or the gentle movement of the ship, but I've never noticed the beds being anything other than heavenly!

Honestly, I haven't slept on a bad bed on any of my cruises, especially the Princess cruises. I don't know if it's the salt air, or the gentle movement of the ship, but I've never noticed the beds being anything other than heavenly!

happy days that sounds fab

Archived