Please help ........ which daysail????

azkcruizers

My party is at least 7 people, but possibly 13. This rules out many of the companies I would like to use because of the 6 passenger max policy. I'm looking at these daysails:

Daydreamer catamaran with island marketing ltd

Nightwind with island marketing ltd

New Horizons

Interline sail

Heavenly days

I have 3 children. They had trouble snorkeling in Grand Cayman with the strong current, so I'm hoping that these snorkel locations may be calmer and clearer. Not sure if I'm being unrealistic. We are also worried about having enough room on the boat. I hate to be packed in like sardines, but the private sails were so much more money. I'm leaning towards one of the sails with island marketing or new horizons.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. This will be our splurge on the cruise and hate to be disappointed.

Thanks everyone!:)

Islander.....Thank you. On the island marketing website, there is a live chat that I used. The girl did not want to answer my questions though. She refused to tell me where the catamaran was docked and if it was the same boat that I have seen on other sights called the daydreamer. I explained that I was coming off a cruise ship and couldn't book something that I didn't know if I had time to get there and back before the ship left. She would not help me at all. She said I could find the information out in my confirmation. I then sent an inquiry to the daydreamer's own website, but I haven't heard back from them yet. I see there is a catamaran called Heavenly Days that leaves from Bolongo Bay. Do you know anything about that one. I thought I read somewhere that the daydreamer is at Sapphire Marina, but I'm not sure. Which is closer the the pier Bolongo Bay or Sapphire Marina. Do you think I would have time to get back to the ship for 4:30 if the catamaran gets in at 4:00? That's cutting it pretty close for me.

Thanks again for all of your help!!!!

I am a local and I would recommend Nightwind out of these charterboats listed. They take a max of 18 and usually go out with much less and have been in operation for over 20 years. Top notch.

TVCM

thanks for your help. I was wondering if you can tell me anything about seating on the Nightwind. My mother is coming with us and probably will not leave the boat. I know the catamaran day dreamer has seats with backs and cushions. I'm not sure what the nightwind would be like , any ideas? I emailed daydreamer a couple of days ago and haven't heard anything from them so I'm not impressed with them yet! I also noticed the catamaran heavenly days at bolongo bay. Do you know anything about them? I also wondered how far Bolongo bay is from Crown Bay dock. Thanks for any help you have....I greatly appreciate it!:)

AZK, does it have to be a catamaran? Or are you looking to snorkel?

I was in St. Thomas this past Saturday, May 31. For the second time we used Sea Blaster for our snorkel excursion. The boat is certified for 139 guest but the owner prefers no more than 80. Our excursion had 77 passengers and it did not seem crowded.

You will get very wet on the ride out to the snorkel location, but it is dry on the return. Sea Blaster takes you out to a small island so there is not much trouble with the current. Our group included an out of shape 60 year old mother, shhh!!:) , who had no problem with this tour.

I looked up seablaster and it looks like a lot of fun. My mother is in her 70's and I have a feeling she wouldn't agree with me!!:eek: We were looking for an all day sail and enjoy being on the water. Thanks for the info on seablaster. I'd love to try it and will keep it in mind for our next trip with just my husband and kids. Do you mind me asking how much it was? Thanks for the suggestion:)

I looked up seablaster and it looks like a lot of fun. My mother is in her 70's and I have a feeling she wouldn't agree with me!!:eek: We were looking for an all day sail and enjoy being on the water. Thanks for the info on seablaster. I'd love to try it and will keep it in mind for our next trip with just my husband and kids. Do you mind me asking how much it was? Thanks for the suggestion:)

Booked thru RCCL for $52 per person.

Archived