Luggage ? on Disembarkation

mj

I tried doing a search, but I have had trouble using the search forum lately. Is US Air or Jet Blue participating on disembarkation day where you check in your luggage and it is taken to the airport for you and you do not have to lug it around on disembarkation day?

How does it work and what has been your experience with it? How much does Carnival charge for this service? I thought at one time, it was $20. I would either being flying out of MIA or FLL and flying out at 1-5pm, again depending on price.

I would love to any good or bad experiences. Thanks

You're talking about the Luggage Express program, and it is available at Port of Miami for the Valor. So far, it has not been available for other ships there, unless that has changed recently.

U.S. Airways was one of the airlines participating, but JetBlue was not.

Carnival charges $15 per person for this service. They charge it on your S&S account.

You get info about it in your cabin about mid-way through the cruise. Fill out the forms and take it to the Purser's desk. There is a limit of 2 bags per person. It is only available for flights after a certain time ~ I believe it was 11:30 for flights out of MIA and 2:00 for FLL.

You receive boarding passes and luggage tags in your cabin. CHECK THEM CAREFULLY. Put your luggage outside your cabin by midnight the night before debarkation, just like you do if you are not using Luggage Express. You will not see your luggage again until you reach your final destination.

When you get off the ship, you proceed directly through immigration without having to stop and pick up your luggage.

We had a connecting flight, with a short layover of only about 1/2 hour. I was worried that our bags wouldn't make it onto the connecting flight, but they were all there when we reached our final destination.

We had a very late flight out of FLL, and it was nice not to have to schlep our bags around all day.

Thanks for the information. I was looking to book either the Triumph or the Liberty in November, so unless they add it to those two ships, I'll be hauling my luggage around the airport on disembarkation day.

Archived