Travel'n At Thanksgiving With Kids-help

mousey

Has anyone out there cruised with kids during Thanksgiving week? We plan to sail on the VOS Thanksgiving '08 with our 13 yr DS and would like to know what the chances are that there will be kids his age, or near his age, traveling that week to Europe. Any response will be appreciated!:)

Not that many districts have the full week off during Thanksgiving, so having school age kids on board will be a lot less than if you cruised closer to the US. And with the horrendous cost of flying now, I have the feeling that less families will be going over to Europe for cruises especially during school season. You might find more non-US kids on board, but that's not a holiday time in Europe.

Doesn't the cost of airfare stink????

Hey, that cruise is on our short-list of holiday cruises for this year. We have a 13YO (or will be by then) DD -- she's not "into" boys though :)

Tgiving 07 we did a 7-night Eastern Med (Spendour of the Seas out of Venice). Much smaller ship and the same week -- the teen club was jumping. DD met four other 12YO girls (2 traveling together from PA, one from London, one from Brussels -- all American. The American schools in Europe tend to have the week of Tgiving off and so it is relatively popular week for xpats to cruise.

So add to your question -- any one with a 13YO GIRL considering this cruise :D !

Thank you for your replies!:)

My 13 yr. DS is not really into girls as crushes yet, but he is willing to be friends with girls. So that is always a possibility if there were only girls his age on the cruise.

I'm glad to hear that the second poster went on a Thanksgiving cruise where the teen club was jumping. :p Gives me hope!

Yeah! The cost of flying has gotten ridiculous and now American Airlines wants to charge you $15 for the first bag you check, $25 for the next, etc. What a ripoff!!! I won't be flying with them ever!!!!

We live in CA, but most of our family lives back East, in NY or Florida. We use to fly for $200 - $300 roundtrip. When we flew back to see my parents in late March it was $600 roundtrip!!!!! Yikes, that hurt!!!!!

Thanks so much for responding to my e-mail:D .

Archived