Thoughts on Star Princess 5/25-6/1 Alaska

JPVENDING

Well we just got back to Los Angeles from a week on the Star Princess.

Here are my thoughts as we have been on 10 or so cruise before, only Royal Caribbean.

• Alaska is a must see. The scenery is awesome
  • The float plane tour in Ketchikan with Southeast Aviation is superb and a must do to really see how pretty the scenery is!
  • We hired Captain Jack in Juneau and he was very friendly, had the nicest (by far) boat out there and his son-in-law picked us up for a very friendly experience. I highly recommend.
  • The weather couldn't have been more perfect, we didn't see any clouds or rain, believe it or not.
  • The train tour in Skagway is also a must see. A little expensive for what you get but offers again some amazing views you can see no other way.
  • Princess in comparison to Royal Caribbean is by far not as good. From the service, to food, to activity selection, entertainment, and especially the ship everything was sub Royal Caribbean
  • I also felt like i was getting back doored like being on the airlines by automatically putting the tips on my card. because some of the people I would have gave more and some I would have gave less. I felt on this ship they didn't try as hard to earn the tip as they know they were already coming.

All in all we had a great trip and a fun time. We went with some friends of ours who have never gone and they had a blast. Let me know if you have any questions.

Archived