Are luaus for the fussy?

spearmint

I don't eat salads or fruit. Nor do I like undercooked fish or meat. Is a luau the place for me?

I go for the show! I really could care less about the food, which I have found to be OK at best for what is basically a buffet. I think you will find some things to eat, but you can always just eat before hand to make sure, then just enjoy the show, company, and drinks (except at the PCC).

Definitely not. We ate a little something beforehand knowing this. DH eats everything. I love pulled pork and the taro rolls (taste like good regular rolls, but they are lavender). DS7 (he was 3) ate tons of rice. We liked the show and drinks were included, but I don't drink.

It's a huge chunk of money, but we're glad we did it once. We did the Old Lahaina Luau. We love the sunset there and everybody was friendly. Great experience. I've heard good things about the PCC's show.

Definitely not. We ate a little something beforehand knowing this. DH eats everything. I love pulled pork and the taro rolls (taste like good regular rolls, but they are lavender). DS7 (he was 3) ate tons of rice. We liked the show and drinks were included, but I don't drink.

It's a huge chunk of money, but we're glad we did it once. We did the Old Lahaina Luau. We love the sunset there and everybody was friendly. Great experience. I've heard good things about the PCC's show.

Thanks. Is the PCC just a show, or is there a buffet there as well?

Thanks. Is the PCC just a show, or is there a buffet there as well?

Here is the web site for the PCC. As you will discover, there are many packages available. Normally, going to the PCC is an all day trip do to the drive time and because the PCC is a combination of many attractions.

http://www.polynesia.com/

I agree with others that the food is not the main attraction in a luau, although I did think that the pork was delicious. There's a variety, so there will probably be something that you like, but possibly not enough to fill you up. Eat something before, then go and enjoy the show.

Archived