Jeans in Dining Room

sweetladyjc

Flowerchild....THANK YOU! You managed to put into words everything that I was thinking! And if I "distract" anyone's dinner by wearing my 'dress jeans', heels, and nice top, on CASUAL nights, I apologize now!

Now, everyone, turn around, mind your business and eat your dinner! Hasn't your mother taught you any manners! ;)

Since we got on the subject of proper etiquette: Back in the day, it was not societally acceptable for women to wear pants; it wasn't even acceptable for women to be politicians, vote, etc. What benefit is derived from retaining hopelessly outdated customs? Today, women are allowed to wear pants and everyone is allowed to wear jeans. That is clearly an outdated custom and no longer proper etiquette. I also remember my Grandmother's shame and embarrassment at catching me wearing white after labor day. Thats also a stupid custom. It used to be proper etiquette to kiss a ladies hand but rarely is it done in the 21st century. Taking hats off is clearly an outdated custom when a good portion of todays society doesn't even know about the custom. It certainly isn't practiced where I'm from. Some customs belong in the past. Time to get with the times. But hey, just my opinion.

Why does the gentleman in the tux shown as the, drunk, wearing too small clothes, over eating or out of style? The for as the ladies who dress up? Is it all the people who don't want to dress up, this is how they justify their dress.

323528_fpx.tif?bgc=255,255,255&wid=273&qlt=90,0&layer=comp&op_sharpen=0&resMode=bicub&op_usm=0.7,1.0,0.5,0&fmt=jpegtuxedo-suit-crocodile-bg-wig.jpg

who would you prefer to sit next to,

jeans guy or tux guy ?

Hmmm.

I've never seen anyone like that second 'man' in any dining room, anywhere.

So, let's be real here.

Personally I don't care who you'd rather sit with, but for me your jeans guy wouldn't be my choice

But this guy would

tuxedo.jpg

Since we got on the subject of proper etiquette: Back in the day, it was not societally acceptable for women to wear pants;

Amen sista! Although I would almost bet some on here wish that still existed lol! Or is that another version of selective mannerism;)

Hmmm.

I've never seen anyone like that second 'man' in any dining room, anywhere.

So, let's be real here.

Personally I don't care who you'd rather sit with, but for me your jeans guy wouldn't be my choice

But this guy would

tuxedo.jpg

Your guy got swiffered! Whats the deal?:eek:

formal night

artheckx.jpg:D:D:D:D

I am just having a little fun here. My real opinion on this is wear what you want as long as it is within CCL regulations. If jeans is okay on regular nights and you want to wear jeans, so be it. Whatever anyone else is wearing will not affect my dinner and my enjoyment with the ones that really matters, my wife, my kids and my friends. Happy cruising everyone.

I have a question more than a comment.

Would you feel comfortable wearing jeans to an very nice, upscale restaurant at home?:rolleyes:

yes, jeans especially nice ones are very fashionable and a lot better looking than a lot of those really ugly dress pants.

a nice fitted pair of jeans is much better than some cheap dress pants.

Honestly, I think it's what you wear with the jeans, and what kind of jeans they are.

grubby wife-beater with holey jeans and sneakers = not appropriate

nice top with dressy jeans and high heels = appropriate (well for a woman at least ;-)

We go out in the city all the time to nice restaurants, and we will usually wear nice jeans, my husband wearing a button down dress shirt, and me wearing a dressy top. And we'll probably wear the same for at least 1 or 2 dinners while on the cruise ~ not for formal nights of course

I don't get it. Just b/c someone wears jeans doesn't mean they are a scrub! I apologize in advance if we ruin anyone's dinner with our outfits =)

This same discussion will be here in a year. Continue to not listen to anyone but your self-important selves.

OK, I will not listen to anyone but but myself:D

Is this really that big a deal:confused:

Your post reads like a term paper or something.

Shipyard Cruiser - Long time no read! It's nice to 'see' you again. Fancy meeting you here.... on a dress code thread ;)! I hope your April cruise was great!:)

To the thread in general - I haven't sailed CCL yet (we're booked for March 09 so I'm doing my homework), but my understanding is that jeans ARE acceptable according to CCL, EXCEPT on "Elegant Night". Isn't that correct? If so, then..?

Are we now discussing & debating the 'quality'/brand/cost of the jeans? Whether or not CCL SHOULD have included jeans in the dining room? The preferred body type for those wearing jeans? Low rise, high rise, skinny, boot cut, black, blue, stone washed, with high heels, sneakers, sandals, t-shirts, sequins, the dangers of going 'commando'? What? I guess as a newby I'm kind of lost.

Maybe this is just another entertaining dress code thread, "Full of sound and fury, signifying ....". Hey, if it is, I'm totally in! I LOVE these! They're always filled with wit, humor, ire, accusations, and, then, POOF!;):D

C'mon, guys. Clue me in. I'm trying to figure out my fellow CCL cruiser.

Happy cruising!

Denise

Archived